Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Transportation
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Master’s degree in Civil/Transportation Engineering or its equivalent from an ABET accredited school
• Minimum 2 years experience
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite 2000). Must be able to develop documents in MS Office
• High-Expert working knowledge of MS Access database and GIS.
• Micro-simulation experience
• Computer programming skills
• Valid Driver's License
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
The Transportation Planning Department of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Jr. Traffic Engineer for immediate employment in the New York City office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Traffic Engineering, specific to Planning, Design and GIS. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including Planning Studies, GIS data analysis and traffic signal analysis including micro-simulation.
• Candidate will assist in the preparation of written reports and presentations of project findings
• This position will be a support member of the Transportation Planning Department in the NYC office in our growing planning practice
• Candidate will assist project level staff in the performance of traffic engineering related infrastructure projects in the greatest transportation oriented city in the country
• Assist in the development and analysis of traffic networks and perform capacity analysis on networks including micro-simulation
• Perform traffic analysis on networks using transportation planning/engineering software (one or more of the following; Highway Capacity Software, Synchro/SimTraffic, CORSIM, VISSIM or Paramics)
• Perform analytical tasks including GIS, CAD, traffic data collection and data base manipulation
• This position will report to the Director of Transportation Planning
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS Corporation - 13 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...