This position provides top quality, fast and friendly customer service; operates registers, handles customer purchases; accounts for all cash and inventories during shift; cleans service areas and stocks merchandise in accordance with the Company policies, procedures and standards in a “Fast, Friendly, and Clean” environment.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Partial list)
Customer Satisfaction: Provides excellent customer service in a courteous, friendly and attentive manner to ensure the customer has a pleasant shopping experience.
Store Conditions: Maintains good overall store and property conditions by cleaning and performing a variety of general housekeeping duties such as:
- Greets customers upon entering the store and thanks customers as they leave.
- Gives assistance and offers suggestions or recommendations to the customer.
- Reports to work on time and follows the dress and appearance code.
Merchandising: Stocks, fronts, rotates and/or culls store coolers, shelves, counters and food service areas displays to ensure freshness, appeal and easy customer access.
- Sweeps, mops, and cleans floors and driveways. Cleans windows, food service areas and bathrooms.
- Picks up and disposes of trash, litter or debris in store, parking lot and/or surrounding grounds.
- Cleans and checks equipment including coffee machine, refrigeration units, gas pumps, telephones.
Sales Controls: Completes all sales in accordance with government regulations and Company standards by:
- Prepares food items according to menus and recipes; maintains proper weights, holding times and temperatures; practices safe food handling procedures.
- Places advertising and pricing signage inside or outside the facility including marquees, ceilings, walls, windows and pump toppers. Makes price changes on merchandise as required.
- May monitor gasoline competition and report findings to Store Manager.
- Verifies customer eligibility to purchase age-restricted products and refusing to sell these products when appropriate. Age-restricted products include alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, lottery tickets, fireworks and adult magazines.
- Enters all transactions at the time of purchase at the correct price by scanning or using the correct keys/codes, placing all payments collected in the register and making correct change.
- Keeps accurate cash, sales and inventory control records and accounts for variances.
GREAT BENEFITS (All benefits are subject to certain eligibility requirements):
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Customer service experience is required.
- Previous experience operating cash register or a point of sale system is preferred.
- Background in Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) or the food-service industry is desired.
- Track record of job stability/tenure.
Join us in a “Fast, Friendly, and Clean” environment at Kangaroo Express. Our application process may take up to 25 minutes to complete. We hope you’ll join us!
- Health Plans – Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan
- Financial – 401K(k) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance – Group Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Spouse and Child Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Vacation
Kangaroo Express - 9 months ago
Headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, The Pantry, Inc. is a leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern...