AOL Advertising technologies provide advertisers, agencies and publishers with the most powerful, comprehensive and technically advanced online advertising tools available anywhere. The 80+ original brands available through AOL offer our clients unprecedented media placements, deep integration and eye-popping creative executions. These are delivered at scale through our state of the art system, ADTECH. Our industry-leading network, Advertising.com, helps advertisers reach highly targeted audiences in huge volume, and our unique technology delivers maximum publisher revenue. Our unflagging commitment to research provides clients with the most technologically advanced tools that allow them to make the most of their media spend.
Job Title: Principal Product Manager For New Products
The product manager will be responsible for leading the creation of a ground-up new product that sits at the intersection of advertising and content. The New Product Incubation Group designs and develops new advertising offerings that can be taken to market in short-burst development cycles.
The product manager will report to the Tech Director of New Ad Products and will work daily with individuals across multiple groups including Product Management, Business Operations, Sales, Research and Development and Technology.
Core Job Responsibilities:
· Lead the effort to define new content and ad products, assessing product/market fit, interacting with business stakeholders, potential customers and competitors
· Work with research and development, operations, and engineering to learn of new product opportunities and opportunities of more efficient processes
· Develop innovative features that can be applied to various areas across the organization, including client-facing products
· Play a key role in product innovation and company strategy
· Be a bridge of communication between R&D, technology and business.
· Professional experience with major content management systems (Movable type, droopal, joomla, wordpress, etc.)
· Working knowledge of MATLAB, R, and/or MapReduce a plus
· Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and experiment with new technology
· Ability to work in fast paced design and development cycles and to effectively communicate with multiple groups
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics or related field
· Master’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Economics a plus
· 8+ years experience in building scalable platform products
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
AOL - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...