We are looking for all-star Linux Software Engineers to join our talented team of backend developers. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our core backend technology that services millions of our users worldwide. You should have proficiency with Linux internals, multithreading, proxies and VPN development. You will work collaboratively with our development staff and Engineering leadership in a real-time environment to improve the stability and reliability of our products. Take pride in knowing that the work you do will have a direct, positive impact on millions of our customers the next time they use our product. In this role, you will have the opportunity to apply and leverage your base of technical, operational, process and/or project skills to identify opportunities for process improvement, lead portions of projects and bring new knowledge into the organization.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Work as an integral member of our backend Linux team responsible for developing and maintaining our core server-side technology
- Develop and implement product enhancements resulting in increased innovation, speed, quality and overall user experience for our customers
- Contribute to design, and development of new networking features and feature enhancements for application proxies spanning a wide range of layer 7 protocols and web applications
- Communicate effectively with peers to highlight and clarify software design requirements
- Experiment with new open source technologies that would improve stability and performance of our server infrastructure
- Work closely with application development team to identify challenges, investigate, and design solutions that improve product quality.
- Full lifecycle responsibility for all aspects of software development including design, coding, testing and debugging
- Job Qualifications:
- 5+ years of Linux / Unix development; including system-level programming, networking, and packet filtering
- Experience working with various flavors of Linux including CentOS5, Debian, Ubuntu
- Hands-on experience developing content-processing modules (proxies, filters etc.) for popular web servers (Apache, NGinx, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of Internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, and TCP/IP
- Experience in TCP/IP socket programming, multi-threading
- Strong debugging and performance-tuning skills
- Ability to follow programming best-practices and work in a fluid, fast-paced startup team environment
- Strong team player and independent contributor; highly self-motivated
- Preferable Job Qualifications:
- Experience developing and supporting VPN servers (IPSEC, L2TP, SSL)
- Practical experience with OpenVPN.
- Practical experience with developing and supporting web proxies.
- Practical experience with intrusion detection / prevention: Snort, etc.
- Experience developing and maintaining high-bandwidth, multi-cluster environments
- Prior or current involvement in open-source projects
- peer-to-peer technology development experience
- Agile development experience
- Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent employee stock option plan
- Relocation assistance available
- Free food and drinks
- Foosball, Small gym and showers, Pool table, Table Tennis
- FREE Medical, Dental and Vision
- Easy Access to Caltrain and Light Rail (free pass)
- New Laptop (mac or pc) and Monitor
- Employee discounts on HP, Apple and Verizon