WELCOME TO THE PEACH STATE!
Area of Consideration: Open only to current Georgia Army National Guard Enlisted members.
Position Location: Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF #2), Dobbins ARB, Marietta, GA.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): PCS is not authorized.
Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP): Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).
Type of Appointment: This is a full-time, Excepted Indefinite, dual-status position which requires Georgia Army National Guard Membership.
Job Summary: This position is located in an Army Aviation Support Facility Training Operations Branch. The purpose of the position is to instruct and perform flight crew work supporting heavy multi-engine aircraft and to provide assistance to the pilot in the overall operation of the aircraft. Primary aircraft include UH 60A/L/M Black Hawk transport helicopter. The aircraft missions include combat service support airlift for movement of supplies, vehicles, aircraft, and equipment; troop air assaults; extractions and resupply of troops and aeromedical evacuation; search and rescue; ice break; mine sweep; and air support of national disasters and state contingencies.
Background Check: Selectee may, at the option of the agency, be required to submit to criminal, credit history, and general background checks which will be evaluated by the agency prior to a final offer of employment and access into the Georgia National Guard Federal Technician or Active Guard/Reserve program.
National Guard Membership: This position requires military membership. It is designated for Georgia Army National Guard Enlisted incumbent(s) only. In accordance with ARNG regulations, incumbent performs duties necessary to accomplish military Flight Engineer (Instructor) functions in support of programs essential to state Army National Guard daily operations, training and readiness missions.
As a member of a Georgia Army National Guard unit, you will be required to train with your unit, normally one weekend a month and 15 days of annual training each year. Georgia Army National Guard units and members are subject to immediate call to federal or state active duty to meet national or state emergencies.
- Must be a current U.S. Citizen.
- Under 5 USC 2108 & 5 CFR 211, Veteran's Preference criteria does not apply.
- Direct Deposit Banking is Mandatory.
- Military Requirement: Enlisted ECMF: 15; EMOS: 68H/W (for states that
- support an Air Ambulance Unit.)
The following list of duties is not conclusive but provides a brief snapshot of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Serves as instructor/flight examiner providing instruction, evaluation and examination on ground and operational training flights to develop and upgrade skills of aircrew members.
- Ensures prescribed programs of instruction for aircrew training are adequately covered in terms of course content, coverage, and scope of material presented.
- Assesses newly assigned individual's level of experience and training through review of training records and/or proficiency flight evaluation to determine proficiency and skill status.
- Schedules and conducts initial, refresher and continuing training (including ground land flight instruction, procedures training).
- Provides training on in-flight planning and coordination responsibilities.
- Administers evaluation and determines examinee's proficiency to perform duties as a crew member.
- Performs a variety of administrative functions associated with management of an aircrew training program.
- May perform duties of Flight Engineer which includes utilizing a knowledge of major aircraft systems associated with heavy multiengine aircraft, the interrelationships among these systems, and capabilities of the aircraft.
- Inpects condition and readiness of aircraft, accompanies pilots on preflight/inflight inspections and aircraft test flights and oeprational checks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General Experience: Applicant must have experience which has provided a knowledge of aircraft weight and balance computations; aircraft performance data; aircraft records maintenance; and aircraft systems.
Specialized Experience: Applicant must have at least 30 months specialized experience sufficient to assist aircraft pilot in operating various aircraft systems, e.g., hydraulics, fuel, electrical and pressurization to assure safe operation of aircraft.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the Selecting Official based on the following KSAs considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Ability to provide assistance to the pilot in flight planning, monitoring and operating engines, and a wide variety of aircraft control systems to include fuel, electrical, hydraulic, fire suppression, environmental, pressurization.
- Knowledge of the full range of aircrew duties and responsibilities, methods of instruction and requirements, proficiency, tactical, emergency and special tasks evaluation flight.
- Ability to plan and conduct aircrew training program, prepare formal course outlines, schedule and conduct initial refresher and continuing training.
- Knowledge in assisting the pilot in the operation of communication/navigation equipment, performing basic navigation and map reading and checklist reading.
- Ability to, during flight, update and record in-f1ight performance data, observes warning indicators for system failure or malfunction performing aircraft systems operational checks.
- Skill in providing direction and operational progress to pilot regarding maneuvering the aircraft over objects for hoist and sling operations and in securing and releasing external cargo loads.
National Guard Compatibility: Once an applicant is selected and prior to being placed in the technician Flight Engineer (Instructor) position, the selectee must be assigned to any unit in the Georgia Army National Guard as an enlisted member in ECMF 15, EMOS: 68H/W. Rank inversion is strictly prohibited.
Wear of the Army uniform as prescribed by AR/NGB/GA NGR is required for incumbent of this position. Acceptance of this position constitutes concurrence with this requirement as a condition of employment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire.
The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics).
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/InteractiveBenefits#icc .
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov ).
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...