The Distribution Asset Management Department is seeking an Engineering Supervisor who will provide engineering and technical leadership to the team members to ensure focus on the team's objectives. The Supervisor will serve as communications liaison among other leaders/teams and as a technical consultant to team members and other groups.
Major accountabilities will include:
1. Provide technical direction, ensuring conformance with procedures, regulations and established codes and standards; enabling team success and maximizing individual contribution.
2. Supervise development of annual operating reports through analysis of the distribution system loading and voltage profiles, identifying system weaknesses and developing corrective action plans.
3. Supervise development of short- and long-range distribution expansion plans through the optimization of system economics, reliability and operating flexibility and risk; determining optimum location of future distribution substations; and development of substation and feeder load forecasts.
4. Develop department budgets and manage department expenditures within approved limits.
5. Communicate the overall direction and performance expectations; provide ongoing feedback to team members; coach and counsel team members; provide technical expertise as needed.
6. Involve, inform and support others and treat them as partners committed to the same goals and targets.
7. Provide resolution to employee issues within the group.
8. Encourage and support responsible risk taking in support of the strategic plan.
The successful candidate will have a BS degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred) or Professional Engineer (PE) registration and eight (8) years of engineering experience. At least five (5) years of their experience will be in the planning, design, operations or construction of electric utility distribution facilities. Candidate must have demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and ability to assume lead responsibility. Must have effective communication and the ability to clarify and support technical assumptions, procedures, analyses, and results to team members.
For more than 120 years, Pinnacle West and our affiliates have provided energy and energy-related products to people and businesses throughout Arizona. Based in Phoenix, Pinnacle West has consolidated assets of about $11 billion.
Our largest affiliate, Arizona Public Service (APS), generates, sells and delivers electricity and energy-related products and services. APS serves more than a million customers in 11 of Arizonas 15 counties, and is the operator and co-owner of the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stationۓ a primary source of electricity for the Southwest.
Our other affiliates include SunCor Development Company, a developer of residential, commercial and industrial real estate; APS Energy Services, a retail energy service provider; and El Dorado Investment Company, a venture capital and investment firm.
NukeJobs.com - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard