Membership Engagement Manager
Freelancers Union, a national non-profit organization, represents the needs and concerns of today’s independent workforce through advocacy, information and service. We are passionate about our mission to improve working life for independent workers - a community representing 30% of the U.S workforce. And we’re the people behind all those insurance ads with the beehive that you see on the New York subways.
We are seeking an exceptional Membership Engagement Manager to join our Membership Engagement team and serve as liaison between Freelancers Union and its membership. The Membership Engagement Manager will report to the Membership Engagement Director and will focus on fostering and building relationships within the ranks of Freelancers Union’s 200,000+ members nationwide, as well as forging new and strengthening existing relationships with Freelancers Union’s partner organizations whose mission and goals overlap with or compliment our own.
- Identifying new members and engaging existing members
oCommunicate and build relationships with members to execute member engagement strategy
oCultivate key members to become member leaders
oCoordinate recruitment, trainings, and membership meetings
oUse CRM/database to track, and manage member data
oCoordinate across all departments to ensure member engagement
oActivate policy and advocacy strategies by engaging members and addressing needs
- Execute Membership Engagement Events
oLead events in key cities nationwide
oWork with creative team to build content strategy to further Freelancers Union goals of building individual leadership
- Coordinating partnership coalition
oBuild a strong network of like-minded organizations, local and national, to partner with for advocacy initiatives
oDevelop agenda and coordinate participation for each meeting
oCoordinate response to speaking engagement requests from outside organizations
- Organize Ambassador Mentor Training
oIdentify new member leaders who can take on the responsibility of being an advocate in their community
oCreate program to improve leadership skills to resolve key issues facing freelancers nationwide.
- Special projects as needed
Successful candidates will have demonstrated
- Strong experience in managing organization efforts for a member-driven constituency with a focus on energizing and mobilizing membership behind key initiatives and issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a collaborative work style and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in public speaking and leading group discussions
- Experience with advocacy and policy issues. Proven track record of successful engagement in community outreach to implement change
- Ability to negotiate difficult situations and problem solve
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to manage and/or contribute to multiple projects, both individual and team-based
- comfortable using social media
- Need CRM experience
- Travel is a key responsibility
We offer highly market-competitive compensation and excellent benefits (health insurance, dental insurance, 401(k) pension, disability insurance, and TransitCheks) for this critical position.
Send a resume and cover letter with salary requirement addressed to Freelancers Union, via email to resume @freelancersunion.org. Resumes sent without a cover letter and salary requirement will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
We’re located in DUMBO, just one subway stop into Brooklyn on the A, C, and F lines. To learn more about us, please visit http://www.freelancersunion.org/.