This individual will be responsible for all production databases, including product line databases, resolving fundamental design issues, data modeling and design, backup and restore strategy and execution, upgrades, performance monitoring/tuning, testing and change deployment. Must be comfortable working in an evolving architectural environment where changing business requirements demand support from the underlying technology. The ability to think quickly and solve complex technical problems is essential to this role. The MySQL DBA will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
If you are a MySQL DBA and want to make your mark in SaaS unified communications this is your opportunity! This is a unique position for a mid-senior level DBA to make a significant impact on the entire industry.
- Identify and recommend tools and services for managing database infrastructure
- Hardware sizing requirements for database loads based on efficient use of multi-core systems
- Update and tune MySQL instances in a high volume environment
- Providing database administration support to include the following:
odatabase performance tuning
- Conducting performance tuning on databases.
- Ensuring database availability, performance and continuance.
- Designing, implementing, and monitoring database backup and recovery processes.
- Implementing performance optimization techniques of databases on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Providing periodic reviews of database performance and monitoring levels.
- Designing, testing, and documenting upgrades of current database environments.
- Reviewing and analyzing system and database error logs.
- Participating in software upgrades, revisions, fixes and patches as mandated by the vendor.
- Participating in reviews of the technical documents for completeness, correctness, and accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field and 3+ years of professional experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 5 years + RDBMS experience working in a high volume production environment.
- At least 2+ years as a specific MYSQL DBA in a LAMP environment working with Centos/ Fedora/ RedHat.
- Network and I/O performance tuning.
- Solid experience with LVM(Logical Volume Management) and snapshots, Perl, Nagios, Cacti, Subversion.
- MySQL replication (Master-Master, Master-Slave, cluster replication) and sharding.
- Solid knowledge of physical and logical database design
- Solid knowledge in schema design principals with demonstrated aptitude to apply best practices for scalable designs and influence developers
- MySQL 5.x (InnoDB and MyISAM engines)
- Proficiency in a scripting language (perl preferred)
- Oracle and or SQL installation and configuration experience.
- Experience with SQl Server 2005/2008, SQL queries, concepts, and structures.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication as well as presentation skills.
- Must have good interpersonal and consulting type skills to work successfully with clients on a daily basis.
- MySQL cluster setup and tuning, MySQL query performance tuning, and MySQL system/network performance tuning (for example, disk I/O, etc).
- Deep knowledge of SQL.
- Extensive experience in high transaction rate environment tuning and designing databases
- Data modeling expertise (Erwin or similar).
- Experience in designing and writing stored procedures in an N-tier development environment.
- Experience with Database replication, migration, backup and recovery using MySQl.
- MySQL Security - access privilege and user account management.
- Experience with MySQL monitoring and performance tuning tools.
hc1.com , the world's leading healthcare cloud company, is experiencing triple digit annual percentage growth in the vast, rapidly growing medical lab market. Led by veteran technology entrepreneur and "IBJ 40 under 40" award recipient Brad Bostic, the company was a 2012 Mira Award finalist and won the 2011 Indiana Companies to Watch Award.
hc1.com is the only cloud-based healthcare CRM solution on the planet designed from the ground up to meet the specific needs of medical laboratories. hc1 lab-specific CRM and healthcare business intelligence play an integral role for 150+ high performance lab locations across the country, including Alere, St. Vincent Health, NeoGenomics, Know Error, Bostwick Laboratories, Sterling Reference Labs, and South Bend Medical Foundation.
The hc1.com Healthcare Relationship ManagementTM service (a Bostech Innovation) combines cloud-based healthcare CRM, real time dashboards and alerts, and secure messaging to optimize the relationships between healthcare professionals and improve the quality of healthcare. With hc1.com, labs are able to manage the entire client lifecycle from a secure web browser by gaining a 360-degree view of each client relationship. By unifying data silos and delivering automated alerts, each department can proactively address issues and capitalize on opportunities while creating a personalized client experience. View a 2-minute video overview of hc1.com at www.hc1.com/video.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, membership in uniformed armed services or Veterans' status, or any other class protected by applicable law. •Identify and recommend tools and services for managing database infrastructure•Hardware sizing requirements for database loads based on efficient use of multi-core systems•Update and tune MySQL instances in a high volume environment•Providing database administration support to include the following: oconfigurationomaintenanceosecurityocapacity planningoupgradesotroubleshootingoissue resolutionobackup/recovery proceduresodatabase performance tuning•Conducting performance tuning on databases.•Ensuring database availability, performance and continuance.•Designing, implementing, and monitoring database backup and recovery processes.•Implementing performance optimization techniques of databases on Linux and Windows platforms.•Providing periodic reviews of database performance and monitoring levels.•Designing, testing, and documenting upgrades of current database environments.•Reviewing and analyzing system and database error logs.•Participating in software upgrades, revisions, fixes and patches as mandated by the vendor.•Participating in reviews of the technical documents for completeness, correctness, and accuracy.
hc1.com, Inc. - 2 years ago
New 2-minute video on our company culture: https://vimeo.com/78639852
hc1.com, the world's leading healthcare cloud company, is...