Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a newly public, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing novel protein therapeutics for cancer and inflammatory diseases. We have developed a comprehensive library of more than 5,600 human extracellular proteins that we screen with our proprietary high-throughput protein screening technologies to identify new targets for protein therapeutics. We are currently leveraging our platform to identify novel targets in the area of cancer immunotherapy. We have an emerging portfolio of innovative products for inflammation and cancer including:
• FP-1039 – an FGF ligand trap in Phase 1b for solid tumors
• FPA008 – a monoclonal antibody targeting CSF1R in Phase 1 for RA
• FPA144 – a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b in IND-enabling studies for selected gastric cancers
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into discovery collaborations with several leading biopharmaceutical companies. We have three currently active research programs with GSK and UCB Pharma, S.A. and we anticipate entering into a new discovery collaboration in 2014.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values which are reflected in our people and our products.
Five Prime seeks a corporate attorney with securities law, corporate governance and contract and transactional experience to join its Legal Department reporting directly to our Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary. As a Corporate Counsel at Five Prime you would:
• Work with our Senior Corporate Paralegal in the preparation and negotiation of agreements, including CDAs, service and consulting agreements, MTAs, collaboration agreements, clinical trial-related agreements and manufacturing-related agreements;
• Partner with our Patent Counsel in contract preparation and negotiation with respect to intellectual property related matters;
• Provide contract interpretation and counseling to various groups within the organization;
• Draft and review SEC filings (e.g., 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements, S-3s, S-8s and Section 16 reports);
• Support corporate governance matters, including the preparation of Board resolutions;
• Assist with corporate compliance; and
• Work on special projects such as discovery collaboration agreements, product collaboration and license transactions and financings.
BioSpace.com - 14 months ago