Client Technical Specialists are technical consultants to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. They understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. They provide technical sales support which may include: collaborate with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions; deliver Proof of Concept; develop and deliver technical education; support critical situations; design solutions; and answer technical questions. When engaged for a specific opportunity or project, they are responsible for the technical accuracy of the proposed solution.
The IBM zClient Technical Specialist position is responsible for developing and optimizing solutions based on Mainframe hardware and to a limited degree, software. A CTS is required to possess a strong understanding of the Mainframe hardware, related software, and positioning of this technology in today's competitive, hybrid computing environment. This position will focus on special projects and evangelism of the Mainframe. Successful candidates will be highly motivated, have an internal sense of curiosity about technology in general and Mainframe in particular, understand how to create and provide value to the internal IBM Sales teams and clients alike, and possess strong presentation skills.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 1 year experience in Advise on System z Platform
- At least 6 months experience in Implement Consultative Selling
- At least 6 months experience in Advise on Value Prop for IBM Products and Services
- At least 6 months experience in Plan Implementation of Solutions
- Readiness to travel 50% travel annually
- English: Fluent
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years experience in Advise on System z Platform
- At least 5 years experience in Implement Consultative Selling
- At least 5 years experience in Advise on Value Prop for IBM Products and Services
- At least 2 years experience in Plan Implementation of Solutions
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...