Meritage Homes is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MTH and is currently the 9th largest homebuilder in the nation. Meritage has been listed among Forbes’ Best Managed Companies in America and the “Fortune 1000" largest corporations in America. Meritage Homes is known for award winning designs, enduring quality, and commitment to excellence at an exceptional value. And, as part of our Meritage Green initiative, we are the only national builder to be energy star qualified for every home we build. Get Meritage Proud - the American Dream built responsibly to help protect the environment and save our homebuyers' energy dollars. Let us tell you why now is a great time to join the Meritage Homes team and lay the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding career! We are excited to offer:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Vice President of Finance for our Southeast Region based in Orlando. This role serves as the strategic financial partner to the Region President, Division Presidents, and other key operational personnel focusing on protecting and optimizing the business plan. The ideal possesses exceptional communication skills coupled with sound judgment, a strong bias for action and the ability to balance the company’s business needs with its risk tolerance, ultimately seizing opportunities to maximize profit.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, and Wellness Programs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings and Flexible Spending Account Plans
- STD/LTD and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO (Paid Time Off)… and more!
- Business Partnership: Focused on proactively identifying trends and opportunities to increase profitability…not just keep score; knack for staying ahead of the business and proactively keeping the leadership team in the know and informed, especially of future profitability impacts; exceptional analysis and recommendation capability. Must be forward looking (24+ month view) with the ability to develop and analyze “what if” scenarios, identify profit gaps, understanding inputs and outputs from each function and effectively mine & drive for results and profitability. Critical liaison, delivering partnering and open communication between Regional President, Divisions and Corporate functions and leadership.
- Operational Forecasting & Internal Reporting - Responsible for the oversight and analysis of all Region Business Unit forecasts and communicating challenges and opportunities to the Region President. Lead role in the management and formation of divisional financial forecasts including quarterly, annual and detailed five-year forecasts. Monitor and initiate strategic planning process, specifically around the business plan. The Region VP of Finance is responsible for overseeing the preparation, maintenance, and distribution of the business plan. Improving and enhancing the process at every opportunity. Provides oversight and business acumen to 3-5 divisions.
- Strategic Analysis- Financial/strategic analyses on issues impacting the business environment including the feasibility of land acquisitions, joint ventures, market analysis of new applications and working with suppliers on various business issues. Provide comprehensive analyses and summaries on business decisions, including reviewing and vetting acquisition financial Proforma(s)s and deal structure. Land purchase review, including coordination with Land Acquisition Department on Proforma generation and assumptions. Partner with Region President to monitor and drive balance sheet management & utilization and capital allocation.
- Business Leadership: Overseeing short and long-term strategic initiatives, leading the Finance team from each Division to develop/present cohesive strategies.
- Experience: success leading financial outcomes/profitability for high volume division as well as a start-up division; strong business acumen with in-depth working knowledge of all facets of the business (land, sales, construction, purchasing, etc).
- 5 + years in same or similar position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; Masters degree a plus
- Advanced Excel, Microsoft Office products, JD Edwards/Peoplesoft and Cognos/forecast software preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner
- Daily interaction with Presidents, Vice President of Land, Vice President of Sales, Vice President of Construction, external lawyers, land bankers and banks.
- Position requires strong negotiating skills and the ability to influence others
- Strong leadership skills; ability to set objectives, delegate tasks, and evaluate performance
- Sound judgment with a high level of integrity to execute decisions with significant corporate/financial impact
- Accurate; with attention to detail while staying clearly focused on the big picture
- Analytical; with the ability to receive and interpret information, analyze multiple variables and make effective decisions under pressure, in a high-volume fast paced environment
- Organized; with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Self directed; takes initiative, proactively addresses problems