T rading Analyst - Duluth, GA
RockTenn (NYSE: RKT)
RockTenn is one of North America’s leading manufacturers of paperboard, containerboard, consumer and corrugated packaging and one of the world’s largest paper recyclers, with annualized net sales of approximately $10 billion. Over the years, Rock-Tenn has outpaced its peers in revenues, profitability, EBITDA and stock price. We’ve done this by creating and following a bold strategy of: exceeding our customers' expectations every time, creating long-term shareholder value and encouraging and rewarding employee excellence.
Since its founding in 1936, Rock-Tenn has focused on developing packaging and paperboard products that bring high value to its customers, employees and shareholders. The company now operates 240 facilities across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Chile and China. We employ 26,000 employees and are North America’s largest paper recycler, largest display manufacturer, largest pre-print linerboard producer, 2nd largest producer of containerboard and corrugated packaging, 2nd largest producer of coated recycled paperboard, and 2nd largest producer of folding cartons.
We are seeking a Trading Analyst to be located in Duluth, GA.
The Trading Analyst is responsible for directing movement of all supply, and matching with both internal Mill Needs and external sales opportunities. The Trading Analyst would have a high level of coordination with Directors of Supply, Mill Fiber Managers, Sales Managers, Supply Managers, Directors of Operations and General Managers. This position would make data based decisions, under the direction of the VP of Trading, to determine best options for supply and sales to maximize profitability for RockTenn.
- Direct supply to specific sales points based on opportunities realized through various management level positions within the company. This will include direct interaction with transportation, customer service, and various supply chain functions to ensure the most profitable decisions through a centralized sales method.
- Drive opportunity improvement by working with various aspects of the management team.
- Plan and execute various supply/sales strategies in coordination with VP of Trading and various aspects of the recycling management team.
- Assist in development and improvement of allocation and planning tools as well as long term development of a trading market platform for external use.
- Develop and manage budgets.
- Create solutions; apply and test; evaluate results and develop alterntive solutions as required; document solutions for future application.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance or other business discipline.
- 1-3 years business experience ideally in an analyst position.
- Experience trading in energy, finance or banking.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Experience with analytics
- Logistics experience especially with freight logistics (land, sea).
- Excellent communication skills; ability and comfort level to communicate with C-level managers and other executives.
- Computer and systems savvy.
- Experience in the waste or recycle industry
At RockTenn, we seek to be the most respected in the industry. Our employees are committed to exceeding their customers' expectations -- every time. If you enjoy this shared commitment to excellence and discovering value where others haven’t we would like you to consider RockTenn as your employer of choice.
Rock-Tenn Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Rock Tenn Company - 19 months ago