Private Banker - Wealth Management Channel (Job Number: 1212275)
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. Additional information is available at www.bnymellon.com.
Serving individuals and families as well as family offices, planned giving programs, endowments, foundations and other institutions, BNY Mellon Wealth Management offers exceptional resources, deep experience and highly skilled people to provide customized wealth management solutions. BNY Mellon Wealth Management is a leading wealth manager with offices throughout the U.S. and in Canada, Hong Kong, the U.K. and Cayman Islands.
The incumbent will work with Wealth Management colleagues (Portfolio Managers and Sales Directors) in developing and broadening private banking relationships. The qualified candidate will be responsible for developing new and managing existing high net worth clients/accounts in order to maximize private bank lending, deposit, and self-directed brokerage business, to develop prospect relationships, and to enhance/grow/retain client relationships. The incumbent is responsible for attainment of business targets including loans, deposits, brokerage-based and fee-based products and the revenue attendant to these sales. This position is intended for experienced commercial and/or private bankers with a proven track record of successful business and relationship development. Incumbent will be responsible for the most complex and sensitive borrowing relationships. Will work in tandem with Private Banking Regional Director to ensure Region's profitability/production goals are met. Travel is required.
* Candidate must have a proven background in commercial and/or private bank lending and an understanding of credit policies and underwriting procedures.
* The individual must possess strong verbal and written communication skills; the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and be a positive influence; be detail-oriented and adept at problem solving and be comfortable in working in a fast-paced environment.
* Undergraduate and/or MBA preferred with a minimum 10 years of banking experience.
* Completion of a formal credit training program or equivalent work experience required.
* Candidates must possess Series 7 and 63 licenses or obtain such licenses within the first six months of employment.
Primary Location: United States-USA-District of Columbia-Washington
Internal Jobcode: 03694
Job: Wealth Management
Organization: Private Banking-HR06673
WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE
Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each BNY Mellon...