Are you an experienced Sr. Project Manager ready for challenging health care projects at Coventry Health Care?
Are you ready to support Coventry's vision to establish a world-class project management discipline; empowering our project managers to leverage their extensive skills and experience to identify; modify and develop innovative solutions and best practices that will ensure the successful delivery of our strategic project commitments?
Then this position is for you! You will be accountable for the leadership and direction of multiple; cross functional; application development projects utilizing waterfall and iterative project management methodologies.
The perfect candidate will have the necessary proven project management leadership skills along with a history of strong collaborative relationship building with key business stakeholders and your core IT and cross functional project team members to lead a successful delivery of your project's goals and objectives.
Plans effective implementation strategies to ensure business and technical owners have the necessary skills; knowledge and training to utilize the project deliverables to obtain the intended strategic value.
- This position requires a driven and self-motivated individual that will position their project teams to be successful by identifying and managing the value-added project management processes and resulting artifacts through each phase of the project lifecycle.
- Facilitates a collaborative environment with project team members; business and technical owners; and other stakeholders to establish a culture of trust and open communication.
- Serve as a project management subject matter expert; operating in a consultative capacity for all project stakeholders.
- Assumes complete ownership and accountability for the successful delivery of the project as assessed through budget; schedule; scope; and quality.
- Positions projects for success through ongoing identification and mitigation of risk and exploitation of opportunities and contingency planning.
- Ability to manage schedules including critical path and resource level using MS Project and MS Project Server.
- Ability to manage project budgets which includes actuals, forecasting demand, EAC and ETC.
- Ability to focus on exceeding expectations through the monitoring of opportunities that may result in early completion of deliverables and under-spending.
- Ability to enable growth and development of project teams by establishing opportunities for knowledge sharing; training; coaching and mentoring.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building a talented and diverse team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous (5-7 years) experience in managing a wide variety of Information technology projects, including experience in directing technical staff, team members and vendors.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification strongly preferred.
- Expertise in documentation, presentation tools, and project management tools required.
- Knowledge of business processes and systems to understand the impact of project decisions on business objectives.
- Experience in health care or related industry required.
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g., partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Primary Location: Scottsdale, AZ, US
Other Locations: Downers Grove-Illinois-United States,
Organization: 10800 - Coventry Management Services
Job Posting: 2013-01-18 00:00:00.0
Job ID: 1310191
Coventry Health Care - 17 months ago
In May of 2013, Coventry became a part of Aetna. We are excited to join together with common values and a common mission: empowering people...