SAN Storage Consultant : IBM/HP : Belgium : French/Dutch Essential
Tags: Disk, SAN, Storage, IBM storage, HP Storage, DS8300, HP9500
My Investment banking customer is looking for a specialist Storage & Backup consultant to be based in Brussels, Belgium, for an ongoing contracting opportunity.
Storage Systems is composed of some twenty seven employees allocated between two teams, who
manage the entire centralised data storage infrastructure of the central systems in Belgium.
Storage Engineering is responsible for defining the architecture and design of the centralised storage
solutions and provides level 3 support. Storage Support is responsible for deployment, operational follow-upand provides level 2 support.
Our customers are essentially the platforms (iSeries (AS400), Unix, Wintel and Zos (Mainframe)),
middleware (DB2, IMS, Oracle, SQL, SAP, etc.) and I&O Application Services.
Our task is to monitor technological evolution closely in order to meet the storage needs of our company,
which are constantly growing.
I&O Storage Systems consists of four areas of expertise:
Stopx37 storage management software.
- ?"Open Systems Disk & SAN" manages disks and SAN dedicated to Unix, Wintel and iSeries platforms.
- ?"Backup" manages the TSM backup servers and the configuration of TSM clients.
- ?"Mainframe Disk" manages the disks provided to the Zos platform as well as the dfSMS, dfHSM,
management software applications such as CA/1 and HSC.
- ?"Mainframe Tape" manages the Tape Libraries (robots), the VSMs (Virtual Tape Library), as well as
Start Date : As soon as possible
Length of mission : 6 months, with possible extension
Bilingual (in at least spoken) Dutch/French and having a good knowledge
Brussels (near Central Station)
Required knowledge, Skills and experience
- University graduate or equivalent by experience
- analytical skills.
- Ease of oral and written expression.
- Collaborating with colleagues in a constructive and professional manner.
- Having high potential for taking responsibility and being capable of executing assigned tasks independently.
- Ability to deal with stress within the framework of incident resolution.
- Being results-oriented, with particular Open Systems Disk & SAN attention to risks and to quality.
Business experience required
- 3 years professional experience in the Open Systems Storage domain (Hardware and Software)
Technical experience required
- Professional experience in a large IT organization.
Management experience of the following products and Hardware:
- Brocade SAN management.
- IBM Disk Storage systems (IBM DS8300).
- HP9500 disk Storage system.
- PPRC replication protocol.
- Defining zoning, LUN masking.
- Physical planning management for this equipment (provide all environmental and cabling information to Facility).
- Network basics.
- Windows family operating systems I/OSubsystem.
- Unix family operating systems I/O subsystem.
- PPRC replication protocol.
- I-Series I/O subsystem (AS-400).
- Z/OS I/O subsystem (Mainframe).
- IBM DS8300 DSCLI.
- HP9500 Raidcom CLI.
- HP9500 Raidmanager AE CLI.
Function to be provided within the Storage Support team and at the "Open Systems Disk & SAN " expertise
centre, in coordination with the other members of the expertise centre.
List of tasks associated with this position:
customisation, delivery of storage to the platforms, managing incidents, deploying and validating
- ?Day-to-day operational activities but also being part of Storage project teams.
- Maintain the Open Systems Storage infrastructure (Business as usual activities)
- Participate to projects related to Storage as operational consultant and workgroup member.
- ?Manage the day to day capacity management activities related to the Storage platform.
- Manage the complete cycle of the Storage hardware from physical installation, configuration,
business continuity procedures, etc. up to migration of data and retirement of the old hardware
- Playing the role of Incident Solver according to the Incident Management process, in order to solve the incidents relating to this environment while establishing a diagnosis and determining the seriousness and priority and applying the measures to be taken in or
reed.co.uk - 10 months ago