Job Title: Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator/SME
Work Location: Norfolk, VA
Annual Salary: Commensurate with experience
Clearance: Active TS required
Education: Bachelor's Degree desired; work related experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Certification: Must have Security +, or SSCP, or GSEC, or SCNP prior to hire date
Travel: Occasional (5% of time)
Hours: Must be available to work 1st or 2nd shift
Specific Duties: We are looking for a senior level UNIX System Administration who is a subject matter expert in the following areas:
- Configuring and deploying Solaris and Linux based complex solutions;
- Shell scripting and troubleshooting scripts in various shells;
- SUSE Linux;
- Administering Brocade fabric
- Sun Java Enterprise Directory Server (LDAP directory service) installation, configuration, and administration
- Running thin-client multi-level solutions on Trusted Solaris
- Providing application support for NCDOC list server for dispersion of advisories and other time sensitive subscription based messages.
- Deployment and implementation of operating systems and application software.
- Tracking and resolving all AIS Trouble Tickets;
- Interacting with users to identify and resolve user requirements;
- Providing application support for various systems tools and utilities;
- Inventory and configuration control for CND specific systems, including portable computers, Intrusion Detection System (IDS) servers, and Database Servers.
- Providing hardware support for CND platforms including Sun / Solaris and PC / Windows.
- Providing configuration support, maintenance and operation of data backups using products such as Symantec Netbackup.
- Providing hardware configuration and maintenance support of tape backup systems.
- Ensuring backups are routinely completed and verified enabling recovery as needed; enable and maintain disaster recovery for NCDOC COOP site.
- Providing and maintaining offsite storage of tape backups.
- Providing management support of NETAPP storage solution.
- NetApp configuration and administration
- SAN experience with NetApp to include administration, backup and recovery, snap-mirror, snapshots
- Familiarity with Sun/Oracle equipment.
- Must have a minimum of at least 12 years experience in administration of UNIX
- Senior level experience as UNIX system administrator background with network security;
- Previous work experience with Navy and Information Assurance is highly desired;
- Hands-on experience with IDS, NetApp storage and backup;
- Subject matter expert with operating systems, shell scripts, JAVA, other core services;
- Experience with Brocade switches, LDAP, thin client;
- Experience with configuring and administering NetApp.
Must be able to work 1st or 2nd shift when needed; and
Must have a TS clearance
Must have Security +, or SSCP, or GSEC, or SCNP to be considered for this position
S4 Inc. offers challenging projects, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package with 401(k), and universal time off. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. S4 participates in the E-Verify employment verification program. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position, then we invite you to submit your resume including salary history/requirements. Candidate selected must be able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required by the contract at all times.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to apply to a position, please contact Michelle Sweeney, HR Manager, by phone at (781) 273-1600 or by email at accommodations4inc.com.
S4 Inc. - 20 months ago