Tetra Tech is a multi-disciplinary firm of consulting
environmental scientists and engineers with offices
throughout the world. We are seeking a Staff
Geotechnical Engineer to join our Tucson office and
become an integral member of our team.
Experience: Experience performing QA/QC for construction
of Heap Leaching Facilities or similar projects,
including interpretation of results of field tests (soil
compaction, Proctor, density tests with nuclear
densometer and sand cone, sieve analysis, Atterberg
Limits). Experience with geomembrane and geosythetic
clay liner (GCL) installation.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in the
the time in remote areas.
- Must be willing to work in the field up to 100% of
contractor submittals and contracts.
- Thorough understanding of construction documents,
clients and managers.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with contractors,
- Good writing skills for comprehensive inspection
under general supervision.
- Availability to work overtime.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
familiar with Slope/W and Seep/W software.
- Working knowledge of geotechnical investigation,
- Fluent in both English and Spanish (oral and
Degree Requirements: BS or MS in Geotechnical or Geological
Engineering or similar. Professional registration as an
EIT or PE, or demonstrated effort towards obtaining
such, is desired.
Tetra Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Division/Department : MMI
% of Travel Required : Yes
Req. Code : MMI StaffGeoEngr TUC 020713kh
Tetra Tech puts technical know-how to work. The environmental management, consulting, and technical services group focuses on resource...