1st American Systems and Services has an immediate need for multiple experienced Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) for creating, modifying, and enhancing a diverse array of technical training (instructor led, web based, and blended) solutions for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in Wahington DC.
This is a full time position in DC with with a metro accessible location.
Bachelors degree and 1 to 15 years related experience required. (multiple positions with level of experience)
Instructional Designer (College curricula must include work in the area of instructional systems design, learning theory, instructional methods, statistics, training analysis, research methodology, tests and measurement, cognitive or educational psychology, and educational evaluation, Demonstrated application of sound instructional design practices, Experience in designing/developing training solutions in multiple formats (classroom, CBT, WBT, CD-ROM, VCT, Simulation)
- Skilled in applying all phases of the ISD process including all types of training analysis (occupational, gap, job, and task analysis, etc.), selecting appropriate training technologies and methods in the education setting
- Knowledge of performance training methods, media, and material in order to develop training curriculums, and capabilities of different authoring tools and media
- Evaluates the adequacy of existing training programs and curricula; propose recommendations for improvement
- Ability to create and evaluate guidance on instructional design, elearning, and media selection as well as make recommendations on newer elearning tools for the agency.
- Applies learning theory, instructional theory, and applications to instructional strategies and instructional media options
- Ability to align learning and performance objectives with appropriate media and elearning options
- Skilled in complex research and analysis in curricula and job training
- Skilled in report writing and template design
Partner with client subject matter experts to obtain information, training objectives, and write/edit/validate training content.
Determine the proper blend of instructor- led, hands-on, and web- based training to be used in a given solution.
Use innovative learning methodologies such as case studies, engaging stories, and specific scenarios to reflect content, audience, and business needs.
Actively researches and recommend innovative training tools and technologies to deliver cutting edge solutions
Create detailed instructional plans.
Create detailed storyboards.
Develop assessment strategies, including instructive feedback
Recommend and present training solutions that maximizes benefits to customers.
Assure overall quality of the training deliverables exceeds customer expectations.
Evaluate the effectiveness of training by developing and implementing post- instruction evaluation tools and criteria.
Lead small teams of ISDs/IDs, Multi-Media Developers, and Graphics Artists.
Manage and work on multiple complex training projects concurrently
Collaborate with the Program/Project Manager to define and meet project milestones, communicate issues and risks in a timely manner, and manage customer expectations.
1st American is a trusted partner supporting the United States Government with multiple prime contracts providing services to CONUS and OCONUS locations. Our federal clients include the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), US Department of Defense (The Pentagon, US Air Force, US Navy, Army National Guard), US Dept of Commerce, US Department of Interior, US Department of Health and Human Services, and the Veterans Administration.
Interested candidates must be U.S. Citizens and be able to pass the Federal Government's Public Trust Clearance process.
Interested candidates should respond to this posting with resume.