This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medical Computing Services located at the Medical School Campus.
Provides analytical consultation, support, and/or training to clients of computer or other technology based systems. Employees may provide advanced technical support of hardware, software, operating systems and networking. This level requires a broad understanding of a wide variety of technologies to effectively support clients’ technical needs. Employees at this level are not usually involved in application development or network design; but may participate in system integration and network or system analysis activities. Employees interact with a broad range of clients requiring strong communication and customer service skills as well as the ability to use a wide variety of technical resources for providing a high level of technical support to clients. Employees at this level generally provide both routine and non-routine support for a broad range of information related technologies, or may provide in-depth support for a more narrowly defined area of technology. Employees refer highly complex technical problems to a higher-level resource within the IT organization.
- Provides appropriate level of support of specific application or set of applications, hardware, software and networking, or may provide advanced support for a wider range of technologies to department end users
- Responds to assigned tickets
- Responds to incoming phone calls, or may act as phone support backup to first level help desk
- Evaluates, prioritizes, and resolves problems and requests or escalates to appropriate support areas.
- Instructs end-users on use of technologies within the designated spectrum of support
- Tests and evaluates new technologies related to support spectrum
- Collaborates with higher level technical areas on planning and issue resolutions
- Develops training materials and documentation for end-users and internal department use
- Provides formal training to end user for applications related to support spectrum
- Actively participates in team meetings and discussions
- Performs other related project work and duties as assigned
High school or GED required. Minimum of two years experience in some aspect of the field of Information Technology required. A certification or degree in some aspect of Information Technology may also substitute for required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Customer Service: Must possess an aptitude for patience, professionalism, tactfulness and empathy. Must be enthusiastic and committed to helping others and exhibit the ability to quickly assess the specific needs of the customer to determine an appropriate course of action. Must be able to clearly communicate with clients verbally and in writing.
Project Participation: Ability to participate as a project team member and collaborate with others in order to make recommendations for solving routine problem.
Planning and Organization: Ability to organize, document, and follow complex and/or detailed technical procedures. Ability to manage one’s own time, prioritize and effectively meet deadlines.
Technical Knowledge: Advanced knowledge of technology principles, terminology, computer operating systems, and applications associated with the department and area of responsibility. Ability to guide or train peers and technicians at more junior levels.
Technical Solution Development: Ability to resolve complex client problems and clearly present and document the solutions. Integrates knowledge and skills from a range of technologies to address work assignments.
Technical Support: Ability to independently resolve complex technical problems. Ability to solve problems and perform diagnostics on software and/or hardware. Ability to communicate and Interact with hardware and software vendors, and higher level technical support staff as appropriate to solve problems.
Consultancy Skills: Ability to consult with clients and higher-level specialists and analysts to resolve technical problems and ensure customer satisfaction.
The hiring range for this position is $18.34 to $23.38 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Med School HR website (http://medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
- Retirement Savings Plan
- 22 vacation days
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
- Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
- Free Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Spending Plan
- Other Benefits
Applicant Special Instructions
Standard computer department working environment with standing, walking and lifting less than 50 pounds required. A moderate amount of work performed at customer site.
Washington University in St. Louis is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Washington University in St. Louis - 22 months ago
Employer of Choice in the St. Louis area!
Washington University School of Medicine is an employer of choice in the St. Louis area. The...