The public sector AS team needs a seasoned network consulting engineer to provide planning, design, and operations consulting services to public institutions in the New York City area. Typical customers will include state governments and public agencies, local governments and municipalities, and universities. SLED team provides network and product level design assistance, network operation and technology advisory services, and other services as required to support the Cisco infrastructure. The portfolio of products to support deployment and operation of Cisco products - including routers, switches (7600, 6500, ASR9K, CRS, ASR1K), firewalls, data center, optical (DWDM), mobility, as well as collector (CNC) and management tools. With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge, specific area expertise, and excellent customer skills, the NCE will be positioned to become a trusted advisor building solid, long-term relationships with public sector engineers and management.
The NCE will perform network planning, design, implementation, operation and optimization. This may include remote or on-site work: infrastructure design, implementation planning, deployment support, software strategy, performance engineering and optimization, knowledge transfer and mentoring, proof-of-concept testing, network auditing/sizing, pre-staging, pre-configuration, deployment planning and acceptance of Cisco product in execution or advisory/assistance or support models. This role provides technical guidance to customers and internal parties as required, and may act as technical project manager.
General responsibilities include considerations for hardware, software, feature selection and overall integration with all networking technologies. Other opportunities may include high-level design creation and low-level design leadership with the following considerations: manageability, scalability, performance, availability, resiliency and security.
Transactional Project Engineering:
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of complex networking problems
- Performs analysis of complex network designs
- Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve problems and compatibility issues
Transactional Project Consulting:
- Generates standard project documentation including detailed test plans
- Generates network configurations from low-level design
- Supports pre-sales activity
- Plans and executes network upgrade and network migration activity
Reactive Service and Support:
- Leads design workshop
- Proactive service and support
- Assists customer with deployment and strategy for related network management systems
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer network problems across a range of technologies
- Acts as a focal point for network problem resolution
- BS, CS, or University degree equivalent and/or 8+ years relevant experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the following products a plus: 6500/7600, ASRs, 35xx, 45xx, 15xxx,ACE,
- Knowledge in IP Routing (IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP) and Layer 2 and Layer 3 LAN Switching
- Experience troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment
- Knowledge of network management, network availability and capacity planning
- Travel will be about 15%.
- CCIE - Highly desirable
Cisco Systems - 12 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our em...