Community Counseling Center, a leading nonprofit provider of family services and behavioral health, is seeking a clinician to work at our Brunswick/Portland Office. This position is full time.
The Clinician will be primarily responsible for the provision of effective outpatient treatment for assigned clients.
Ensures culturally-competent practice that is ethical, evidence-based, respectful of diversity and inclusion, geared to customer service satisfaction, and compliant with regulatory/accreditation/contract and best practice standards.
With roots dating back to 1874, Community Counseling Center is one of Maine’s oldest and most comprehensive, private nonprofit family service agencies, making a difference in the lives of more than 6,000 individuals and families each year. In addition to providing high quality family, individual and group therapies to children, adults and senior citizens from all incomes and backgrounds, Community Counseling Center offers a diverse array of education, prevention and wellness programs.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum five years of direct clinical/mental health experience.
- Demonstrated competence in the areas of diagnosis and treatment.
- Knowledge of multiple methodologies including, but not limited to, individual, conjoint, family and group treatment as well as diverse strategies and techniques which may include Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Family Systems Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Trauma-Informed Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT), Eye Movement and Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), etc.
- Excellent computer skills are required, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and the ability to effectively utilize the Agency’s electronic consumer record software.
- Knowledge of and commitment to abide by the National Association of Social Workers code of ethics and, where applicable, other relevant codes of ethics
Master’s degree from an accredited school of social work.
§ Appropriate and relevant programmatic experience may substitute for independent licensure expectation
- LCSW, LCPC, or equivalent independent licensure in the State of Maine required (eligibility for Maine LCSW acceptable for out-of-state candidates).