ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield, and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that Anytime, Anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those leading their fields, and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
We are seeking a technically savvy, results-oriented, and quality-focused individual with strong, hands-on infrastructure administration skills to design, administer, tune, secure and maintain a global online gaming hosting infrastructure. This individual will play an active role in all aspects of deployment for front-end online game server environments and will be part of a 24x7 global operations group.
The Cloud Engineer works as a key member of the IT infrastructure team responsible for the continued development of our cloud/virtualization capabilities and the delivery and implementation of these capabilities to our game development partners.
• Delivery core administration and delivery tasks around all aspects of EA’s public cloud /private cloud infrastructure
• Liaise with other teams within Online IT to provide for continual improvement of the cloud/virtualization capabilities
• Provide advanced (level 3) infrastructure as a service troubleshooting support before, during, and after project rollout of public/private cloud environments
• Rotational 24/7 on-call support as needed
• Collaborate with architecture on hosting solutions and options
• Coordinate with security and network engineering to provide a robust and secure hosting offering
• Quickly and thoroughly evaluate emerging virtualization technologies to provide objective reviews of capability, functionality, and compatibility with existing infrastructure
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
• BS Degree in MIS/Computer science or equivalent experience
• Expert level technical knowledge in Linux Systems Administration ( RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu )
• Experience w/ NAS (NFS/CIFS/iSCSI)
• Strong TCP/IP and networking knowledge is a must with comprehensive knowledge of: WAN, LAN, routing, switching, NAT, VPN, DHCP, DNS
• Experience with Load Balancers (e.g. Cisco and Netscaler)
• Working knowledge of CDN (e.g. Akamai, LimeLight, CloudFront)
• Must be open to changing situations and opportunities and be willing to perform all tasks assigned without supervision.
Experience with Orchestration and Configuration Management tools such as Rightscale, Chef, Puppet.
• Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
• Self starter, with strong aptitude towards rigorous testing and validation of work.
• Strong infrastructure automation skills – automating tasks in any programming language; the more the better
• High level to expert level experience with virtualization technologies such as Xen, KVM and/or VMWare
• Experience with AWS public cloud deployments, understanding of existing AWS technology offerings and experience with integrated public cloud services is highly desirable.
Experience with Rackspace Cloud Servers or Cloud Files is a plus
- Experience with IAAS private cloud systems such as Eucalyptus, Cloudstack, Openstack is highly desirable.
- Experience with IAAS private storage technologies such as Swift or Ceph is a plus.
• Experience with scripted deployments and creating custom scripts
• Prior experience with online games or other custom applications is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban is a plus.
Electronic Arts - 21 months ago
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re a community of artists,...