The Principal Engineer is a key member of the Amgen Colorado (ACO) Industrial Engineering Group. The Industrial Engineering Group enables teams and business functions to reduce waste by improving efficiencies, improving productivity, and reducing rework and waste through the use and application of Continuous Improvement tools, techniques, and methodologies. The Principal Engineer will have in-depth knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools, techniques, and methodologies and practical experience applying them to improve the performance of processes, people, and systems.
The Principal Engineer will engage with internal customers to support their efforts to solve complex problems and improve performance. Engagement will include but not be limited to the following:
- Deliver training on Continuous Improvement tools, techniques, and methodologies to staff and leaders.
- Coach and mentor site staff involved in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Perform analysis to identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations to management.
- Support teams assigned to implementing the recommendations. Basic Qualifications • Doctorate degree & 2 years of directly related experience
- Master’s degree & 6 years of directly related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or & 8 years of directly related experience
- Associate’s degree & 10 years of directly related experience
Competencies / Skills:
- High school diploma / GED & 12 years of directly related experience Preferred Qualifications Master’s degree (Science, Engineering, MBA) & 5 years of directly related experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- 5 years of experience in Industrial Engineering and/or Operational Excellence related roles
- Can successfully operate in a matrix or team environment with site, divisional, and corporate executive leadership
- Proven project management skills and leadership and demonstrated ability to execute and manage complex projects and programs
- Can manage multiple responsibilities, priorities and tasks with minimal direction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Executive presentation experience
- Experience implementing Continuous Improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, DMAIC, and /or Lean Manufacturing
- Experience developing standards (labor/machine) and performing resource modeling
- Financial acumen
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Tolerance to ambiguity
- Ability to make disciplined decisions
- Experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA) required
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated expertise with MS Office applications including MS Project
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to partner with stakeholders on priorities and achievements
Amgen - 14 months ago
Amgen is among the biggest of the biotech big'uns, and it's determined to get even bigger. The company uses cellular biology and m...