This position is responsible for fulfilling the company’s global requirements for information and systems by completing project assignments to design, configure, and maintain SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) and related SAP software modules, including customer EDI data exchanges. Also responsible for communicating ideas, plans and progress and for improving their own professional skills. Assists with the development and maintenance of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) SAP program. Customizes and configures software to allow the integration of client/server applications. Tests ERP configuration to ensure the system is meeting corporate needs. Familiar with a variety of the SAP Systems concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity is expected. Strong knowledge of Automotive manufacturing processes and AIAG data exchange standards will be applied to identify business solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works independently with some supervision from the SAP Manager.
2. Proactively participates in identifying information problems and defining solutions for management approval.
3. Communicates with managers and their staffs to negotiate general approaches and program requirements in developing system specifications.
4. Designs the system by preparing the flow diagrams, specifications, input formats, file layouts, calculations and output formats for consensus agreement with users.
5. Structures, writes, configures, tests, debugs, documents, and implements new computer programs utilizing departmental programming standards and procedures.
6. Modifies, tests, debugs, documents, and installs previously developed Cooper systems and non-Cooper, purchased software.
7. Keeps the manager aware of current project status using standard internal reporting methods.
8. Is well versed on the complexity of communications and data base systems when designing and changing programs which affect these critical components.
9. Works closely with user representatives and other systems staff as part of a project team.
10. Continually seeks self-education in computer system and programming methods, and utilizes books, manuals and resource aids to their fullest potential.
11. Maintains technical expertise in area of responsibility.
12. Develops and maintains relevant system and process documentation for existing and proposed processes.
13. Coordinates work with legacy systems personnel for interfaces and/or data conversions.
14. May lead fit/gap workshops, and present system solution alternatives to business leaders and/or process owners. Expected to think ‘on your feet’.
1. Bachelors Degree in an IT related discipline and at least 8 years of relevant SAP SD module configuration and Customer EDI experience in an applications development environment.
2. A general understanding of the SAP core ERP software toolset. Experience in configuration / coding, analysis, software deployment, systems development lifecycle; and troubleshooting.
3. Working knowledge of and experience working with the customer order processing (customer release accounting) and picking/labeling/shipping functional processes and systems.
4. APICS or related certifications preferred.
5. Automotive industry, preferably tier 1 automotive, experience of 8 years, some of this experience must have been while having been an employee of an automotive manufacturer.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of automotive industry action group data exchange standards, especially automotive release schedules, JIT, and advanced shipment notifications
Cooper Standard - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -