Join us and work for a high performance culture that rewards and recognizes entrepreneurial spirit, thought leadership and innovative solutions to “every day” issues. We like to hire talented people and empower them. Our cultural pillars are People, Integrity, Partnership, Teamwork, and Fun.
Responsible for originating conventional and government residential mortgage loans to customers who qualify based on assessment of financial and credit data.
The level of work is considered senior-level and staff work under minimal supervision. This position has no direct reports.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Originates conventional and government residential mortgages and participates in related business development activities.
2. Solicits residential mortgages through contacts with realtors, builders and developers.
3. Provides service to customers and prospective customers seeking residential mortgage loans. Interviews applicants to obtain information concerning their needs to assist in determining whether a loan will be an acceptable risk according to their financial situation and obtains pertinent financial and credit data.
4. Ensures the preparation and processing of forms and legal documents required for residential loans and follows the loans to ensure compliance with terms. Negotiates terms and conditions with applicants.
5. Stays informed on trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as changing rules and regulations pertaining to both conventional and government-insured mortgages.
6. Performs additional duties as required
• This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• 3 to 5 years of related work experience
• Financial services industry experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to exceed established sales goals
• Enthusiastic, self motivated with ability to interpret and analyze customers’ needs on a continual basis
• Excellent business development skills
• Knowledge of systems including Microsoft Office suite and proprietary software products used in support of the business.
• Attendance and punctuality required in accordance with Bank practices
Working Conditions And Demands (If Applicable):
Valid and current driver’s license required for travel to meet with prospects and customers
Cole Taylor Bank - 17 months ago
This company is tailor-made for small and midsized business owners. Taylor Capital Group is the holding company for Cole Taylor Bank,...