SIMCO Electronics is the largest independent provider of
global calibration, repair, and software solutions,
supporting customers worldwide. With corporate
headquarters located in the heart of Silicon Valley
(near San Francisco, California, USA) our worldwide
network of laboratories and international field service
teams provide localized support to our customers.
Receive and ship equipment, parts, and supplies,
ensuring all transactions are accurately documented.
Also ensures shipments to customers or subcontracted
vendors or transferred to other SIMCO locations are
properly packaged to ensure safe transportation and
arrival at the designated destination.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Organize and separate equipment for will call, cash
on delivery, and shipment.
2. Update the computer system with appropriate status of
will call, cod, and shipped equipment.
3. Process appropriate documentation to the accounting,
purchasing, and customer service departments.
4. Properly package all equipment, requiring shipment,
for transportation to customers/vendors to ensure it
5. Reject damaged goods or materials and correspondence
with shipper to adjust damages or shortages.
6. Participate in the assembling and shipping of
outgoing merchandise or material.
7. Print daily reports of outgoing shipments made on the
FedEx and UPS systems.
8. Receive in all materials (parts), subcontracted
equipment, and customer equipment according to
procedures, and distribute to the appropriate
9. Initiate non-conformance documentation for
damaged/incorrect materials (parts)/certification from
10. Maintain well-organized files and records of
transfers, UPS, FedEx, and airway bills shipped daily.
11. Update the computer with the freight charges and
airway bill numbers for customer shipments.
12. Stock all supplies and parts in designated places.
13. Maintain accurate inventory of stockroom parts.
14. Maintain safety standards and regulations by keeping
the work area clean.
1. Must be able to operate a personal computer,
keyboard, and pointing device.
2. Knowledgeable in the use of Windows, Word, Excel,
Outlook, and Internet Browsers.
3. Knowledgeable of incoming and final inspection
4. Knowledgeable of standard material handling and
5. Skilled in use of foam in place packaging equipment.
6. Experience working in shipping and receiving
7. Knowledge of freight companies.
8. Knowledge of the UPS, FedEx, Airborne Express
shipping equipment (i.e. power ship and use of internet
based shipping systems).
9. Familiar with FedEx, Airborne Express, and UPS online
10. Ability to relate information clearly and concisely
in English both orally and in writing.
(lifting, standing, bending, repetitive motion, etc. --
be as specific as possible)
1. Must have the ability to stand, walk, and sit for
prolonged periods of time.
2. Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
(office environment, laboratory, travel, etc.)
The employee works in a warehouse environment with
controlled temperatures. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to
fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic
Req. Code : 2013-087 (Memphis)
% of Travel Required : 0-10%
Shift/Hours : First Shift (Day)
Simco Electronics - 2 years ago