Responsible for various reports, month-end journal entries and reconciliations, and consolidation of operating entities.
Prepares and compiles reports for management, including senior leadership and departments. Monitors and analyzes
functional costs for various groups and departments. Supports data management activities within financial systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
reconciliations, with a focus on more complex topics, such as equity, intercompany, significant accruals, consolidation
- Leads the monthly general ledger close process, including the preparation of monthly journal entries and account
- Completes and coordinates preparation of monthly management reporting packages.
- Performs analytical reviews of certain functional cost categories and balance sheet accounts.
- Prepares periodic analyses of complex and critical accounting estimates.
- Assists in the preparation of materials for SEC filings, including Forms 8-K, 10-Q, and 10-K.
- Maintains compliance with internal controls, and related Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) requirements, in assigned areas.
- Assists in maintenance of financial systems core data, including master data set-up, department / cost center alignments, and system close of financial periods.
- Assists with departmental projects, such as user testing of system implementations, integration activities, ad hoc analysis, etc., as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, with minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience required.
- Combination of corporate and public accounting, including external and internal financial reporting experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of, and practical experience in, corporate accounting concepts, including consolidations, intercompany, multiple entity allocations, and accounting systems required. Understanding of Retail Accounting, including gross margin impact and inventory preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication, analytical, and organizational skills required.
- Excellent accuracy, attention to detail, and time management skills required.
- Experience with large scale ERP accounting systems and related reporting tools required. Experience with SAP and Essbase preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel required. Working knowledge of Word, Access and AS/400 preferred.
- Working knowledge of internal controls / SOX requirements preferred.
Big Lots! - 2 years ago
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Big Lots, Inc. (NYSE: BIG) is a unique, non-traditional, discount retailer operating 1,495 Big Lots stores...