TITLE: Packaging Supply Chain Manager
REPORTS TO: Packating Director
LOCATION: Lawrenceburg, KY
Campari America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. (Reuters CPRI.MI - Bloomberg CPR IM), together with its affiliates Gruppo Campari. At the heart of Campari America are two legends in the American spirits industry. The first, Skyy Spirits, was founded in San Francisco back in 1992 by the entrepreneur who invented iconic SKYY Vodka. The second is the world-famous Wild Turkey Distillery in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, where they have been making the world’s finest whiskies since the 1800’s. Both companies were purchased by Davide Campari-Milano and together they form Campari America, which has built a portfolio unrivaled in its quality, innovation and style, making it a top choice among distributors, retailers and consumers.
Campari America manages Gruppo Campari’s portfolio in the US with such leading brands as SKYY® Vodka, SKYY Infusions®, Campari®, Wild Turkey® Straight Kentucky Bourbon, American Honey®, Russell’s Reserve®, Glen Grant® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Cabo Wabo® Tequila, Espolón® Tequila, Ouzo 12®, X-Rated® Fusion Liqueur®, Frangelico®, Cynar®, Carolans Irish Cream®, Irish Mist® Liqueur, Sagatiba® Cachaça and Jean-Marc XO Vodka®. Campari America is also the exclusive US distributor of Bowmore® Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Auchentoshan® Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Glen Garioch® Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Flor de Caña® Rum, Midori® Melon Liqueur, Hibiki® Whisky, Hakushu® Single Malt Whisky, and The Yamazaki® Single Malt Whisky.
Campari America is headquartered in San Francisco, California. More information on the company can be found at www.campariamerica.com , www.facebook.com/campariamerica , Twitter: @CampariAmerica and www.camparigroup.com . Please enjoy Campari America brands responsibly and in moderation.
SUMMARY ROLE DESCRIPTION:
The Packaging Supply Chain Manger is responsible for managing all scheduling, material planning, and inventory management. This role will manage the relationship with Third Party Vendors and is responsible for the finished goods at the Third Party Logistics Facility. The position will drive continuous improvements towards supply chain disruptions, impact on objectives, elements of the Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP) process and project management.
- Accountable for the Supply Chain KPI’s. Implement and drive continuous improvement programs to close gaps of KPI’s or increase productivity as needed through suppliers, vendors and 3PL.
- Analyze forecasts, production capacity, vendor lead times, and all other related factors to determine the production schedule. Develop contingency plans or accommodate special or unplanned orders. Notify appropriate personnel with regard to any changes in the schedule.
- Plan, develop and execute monthly schedule.
- Organize, plan and manage all activities of the personnel engaged in supply chain activities including planning, scheduling, requisitioning and releasing of any materials for production.
- Oversee the management of the 3PL including inventory control, warehousing, shipping and transportation of any materials for production or shipment.
- Accountable for the inventory management of procured materials.
- Direct the site supply chain team to research discrepancies and resolve any inventory issues.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- A minimum of 5 years experience with forecasting, planning, scheduling procurement or related supply chain experience.
- A minimum of 5 years experience supervising people or equivalent experience administering and coordinating departmental activities including interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating and motivating employees.
- A minimum of 3 years experience with SAP and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working with or managing Third Party Vendors is a plus
- Experience in beverage or beverage alcohol is a plus.
- Working knowledge of packaging operations, preferably in the spirits category.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement projects/initiatives.
- Ability to effectively manage people, develop capabilities and continuously improve results.
- Familiarity with current GMP practices and a record of implementing SOPs to drive best in class packaging and efficiencies.
- Use of metrics and data to analyze performance, manage costs and improve results.
- Ability to work collaboratively across department lines at all levels in a plant operation – influencing effectively with management as well as line staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of TTB regulations, ISO requirements and Food Safety processes.
- Experience with SAP a must.
- Lean Six Sigma or other continuous improvement methodologies a plus.
- APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) a plus.