Sr. Linux System Administrator
This position is responsible for maintaining existing corporate IT resources on various platforms including hardware, operating systems and software upgrades. Candidates must have experience working with enterprise-class Linux platforms such as Red Hat, as well as related versions such as CentOS, Fedora, and Scientific Linux. Candidates will have experience designing and coordinating the installation of enterprise systems and associated hardware, maintain and troubleshoot high availability systems in a datacenter environment, and must be able to develop and write systems documentation. Candidates will also have the skills to work with vendors, programmers and other resources to perform real-time diagnosis of problems and coordination of hardware and software solutions. This job will require occasional evening and weekend work in response to needs of the system being supported.
Principal Accountabilities or Duties:
A Sr. Linux Administrator is required to maintain critical systems with urgency and ownership while maintaining a high regard to the potential effects of actions taken, to the business and its customers. This position will primarily be responsible for administration all Linux systems. The Sr. Linux Administrator must exhibit all of the Company’s Cultural Attributes. The Sr. Linux Administrator, in addition to providing technical consultation and support to team members and other organizations, will be required to document the environment, daily tasks, processes, and any other items needed to perform tasks..
• Minimum five years’ experience working as a system or network administrator.
• Minimum three years’ experience working as an administrator of Linux environment.
• Minimum two years’ experience building server class systems.
• Exposure to Enterprise Linux systems, particularly Red Hat Linux.
• Passionate about learning new technology.
• Must have High school diploma or GED.
• Must be able to take part in after-hours on-call schedule including weekends and evenings.
• Very strong communications skills with the ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbal and in written form.
• Strong hardware/software troubleshooting and network diagnostic skills are essential.
• Ability to work independently, as well as take direction from team lead or manager.
• Punctuality and dependability are required.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Must be able to be coached and take on challenging projects.
• Red Hat certification desired (but not required).
• Experience with Dell Server equipment.
• Experience with SAN hardware/software a plus.
• Experience working in large Data Center environments with strict governance.
• Experience with Linux security standards and system hardening
• Must be able to work a rotating schedule including weekends and evenings
• Ability to script in BASH
• Experience with Linux operating systems
• Experience with Intel-based Server equipment
• Very strong communications skills and analytical aptitude with the ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbal and in written form
• Strong hardware/software troubleshooting and network diagnostic skills are essential
• Ability to work independently
• Punctuality and dependability is required
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Must be able to be coached and take on challenging projects
Certifications: Red Hat Certification, LPIC, CLA/CLP/CLE
Other Technical Skills: Dell Servers, Unix/Linux, shell scripting, DNS, WAN/LAN infrastructures, CVS file system, network packet analysis and troubleshooting. Prior experience working in mid to large size enterprise environments.
Proven project management experience, Proven risk management experience, Proven developing project scope and objectives, Must be able to create and manage a project plan, able to assign team task and manage deliverables, Must be able to perform in a leadership role.
Americans with Disabilities Specifications
Work environment consists mostly of office setting, computer room operations, customer sites, customer workstation areas. Will be required to lift heavy objects such as monitors, PC equipment, test equipment, routers and switches or other equipment weighing up to 70 pounds. Will be required to pull cables, climb ladders, reach and pull cables and equipment, crawl to assess equipment under desks and other hard to reach locations.
Act as lead person in resolving user problems, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions. Oversee project software and installation, and upgrades. Will be depended upon to lead challenging projects and timelines. Provide guidance and security planning requirements, including applying cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, and file system integrity. Lead person in developing standard system maintenance plan following company and vendor standards. Develop installation and operation plans that will assist in reducing cost and system down time. Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
At Securus, we’re committed to connecting what matters. Securus provides leading communications solutions for the corrections industry.
Specifically, we install and centrally manage state-of-the-art call management and communications systems for use by correctional facilities, and offer a variety of convenient payment products and services to inmates and their friends and family members.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Securus employs more than 900 employees who serve approximately 2,400 correctional facilities in 44 states and over 850,000 inmates nationwide. With more than 67 industry patents and many more pending, we’re also the industry’s leading innovator.
Company fast facts
Apply online at www.securustech.net
- Founded in 1986, headquartered in Dallas, TX
- 25 years experience serving the corrections industry
- Service to approximately 2400 correctional facilities and over 850,000 inmates in 44 states
- In-sourced customer and technical services teams that operate 24/7/365
- Industry’s number one innovator, with over 67 patents and more than 50 pending
- Largest team in the industry with approximately 800 associates nationwide
- SAS 70 and Sarbanes Oxley compliant
- Over 200 associates located within proximity to the facilities we serve
- Secure Call Platform (SCP) is the leading platform in the industry with over 1000 installations
- Over $17 million in reinvestment in company in last two years
*Phone calls will NOT be accepted.
Securus Technologies - 15 months ago
Securus was founded in April 2008 in Cary, N.C. Securus has developed and deployed a hardware and software platform called GPSaaS ("GPS...