MySQL Database Administrator
We are seeking an experienced MySQL Database Administrator. In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading all MySQL DBA support efforts, ensuring task tracking, operational readiness and customer satisfaction. Additionally, this role will be responsible for project management of the MySQL infrastructure.
The Operations team is responsible for all stages of design, implementation, and maintenance of a high volume 24/7/365 e-commerce infrastructure.
MySQL DBA, Senior responsibilities include:
- Communicate with management and customers to ensure project and task deadlines are met.
- Provide hands-on assistance with day to day DBA tasks.
- Manage delegation of tasks to contractors or in-house resources where appropriate.
- Guide development teams on appropriate use of database features and structures.
- Keep current with new database technologies; analyze possible use within the current infrastructure.
- Function as technical liaison with managed hosting vendor’s technical team and Talentwise engineering, QA and release teams.
- Refine and improve the current MySQL database architecture for performance and scalability.
- Manage benchmarking and performance tuning (index tuning, query optimization, configuration tuning, etc.).
- Review and create database disaster recovery policies and procedures as needed.
- Oversee database installations, upgrades and/or migrations.
- Provide capacity planning and scalability reports as necessary.
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolving issues with MySQL databases as needed.
- Provide off hours maintenance and project support.
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years MySQL database administration experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of database fundamentals like buffer tuning, locking properties, query plans, etc.
- Knowledge of replication, tuning and monitoring.
- Knowledge of distributed memory object caching systems.
- Strong SQL knowledge.
- Knowledge of Linux platforms, preferably RedHat and Ubuntu Linux distributions.
- Experience with Perl and Bash scripting required. Experience in PHP preferred.
What’s In it For You?
- Incredible growth opps within the organization!
- Competitive Compensation
- 401K with Employer Match
- PPO Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and Holidays
- Identity Theft Protection
- Free Orca Pass or Free Parking Pass
- Free Beverages
- Downtown Bellevue location close to restaurants, shopping, & entertainment
Who Are We?
TalentWise has built a single, online platform that automates the hiring process end-to-end, resulting in a highly efficient and seamless experience for HR, hiring managers, candidates and new hires. Candidates and new hires know where they stand throughout the process, and can conveniently view and complete all forms online. One platform, one user interface, one invoice, one vendor, one support team. Result? One great experience for everyone!
The TalentWise platform was built from the ground up by some of the software industry's most esteemed engineers, in concert with some of the most influential leaders in HR and our own experts in process management. This powerful platform automates every step that an organization could possibly encounter in the hiring process. This makes TalentWise the one company that can serve all of your hiring needs — from selecting, screening, to onboarding new hires — and in complete compliance.
TalentWise has made Workforce Management’s “Hot List” for the last six years, and is the only provider ranked by HRO Today in the Top 5 “Overall” and for “Quality of Service” for the last four years!
TalentWise Solutions - 21 months ago