This is a LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT OFFICER position supporting the 102nd Intelligence Wing. This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position. The unit point of contact and contact phone for this position is: LT Col Christopher W. Hurley, (508) 968-4990.
MASSACHUSETTS AIR NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION : As allowed by OPM guidelines, the Massachusetts Air National Guard follows a three tier advertisement process. The three tier process will be as follows:
Tier I: All current MA ANG tenure 1 and 2 technicians and MA ANG permanent AGRs
Tier II: All current MA ANG members, to include tenure 3 and tenure 0 technicians, traditional guardsmen, and temporary AGRs
Tier III: All individuals eligible for immediate enlistment into the MA ANG
****On-Board AGR refer to Bulletin 102-13-09****
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Massachusetts Air National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Massachusetts Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Massachusetts Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Massachusetts Air National Guard recruiter at (888) 301-3103, ext. 7467, before applying for this position.
Must be willing to be a member of the Massachusetts Air National Guard
Direct Deposit is required
(1) Provides leadership and guidance to the Logistics Readiness Squadron.
(2) Provides oversight for squadron plans, goals and standards for readiness and performance capabilities of the squadron and war readiness for the Wing. Provides technical expertise and guidance to the development of program goals, plans, policies, and procedures dealing with the development of wing strategic visions. Evaluates overall logistics process effectiveness, and
modifies logistics strategic planning. Plans and develops property and fiscal programs and procedures consistent with established policies and directives, including asset acquisition, distribution, accountability, fiscal programming, fund allocation and economic analysis. Is the accountable officer for all on-base and geographically separated units (GSU) property, including authorized supplies, equipment, fuels, and munitions. Serves as the Assistant United States Property and Fiscal Officer (USP&FO) for property. Evaluates trends in customer requirements and resource capabilities to ensure resources are used effectively. Coordinates with higher headquarters, staff agencies, supported units and tenant activities to formulate, initiate, and assess courses of action relating to logistics readiness management. Evaluates proposals for the application of resources to ensure such proposals are sound in concept, fully and accurately priced, contribute measurably to increased primary mission effectiveness, are higher in priority than competing activities from which the resources must be drawn, identify specific activities to be reduced to provide the assets required, and show a measurable net benefit.
(3) Exercises direct supervision over subordinate personnel. Exercises independent judgment in directing subordinates, to include assigning responsibilities, providing guidance, and establishing standards of performance. Establishes and explains expected goals and assesses overall performance in reaching these objectives. Establishes, revises, or reviews policies, procedures, mission objectives, and organizational design for the staff, as necessary, to eliminate work problems or barriers to mission accomplishment, promote team building, implement quality improvements, or in response with regulatory compliance and/or customer requirements.
(4) Recommends and participates in the selection of functional supervisors. Approves leave and work schedules. Sets performance standards and conducts formal and informal appraisals of individual and flight performance. Reviews and evaluates performance indicators. Reviews training requirements, directs accomplishment of the training, and evaluates results. Counsels employees regarding problems and complaints. Resolves informal complaints through discussion and negotiation with employees, supervisors and union representatives, and mediates problems between subordinate flights. Initiates and reviews proposals for disciplinary action, when necessary. Works to achieve the objectives of government-wide policies and programs within the unit, e.g., Equal Employment Opportunity, Labor-Management Relations, etc. Ensures compliance with safety, housekeeping, environmental policies and directives. Reviews/approves reports and records. Ensures periodic reviews are made of position descriptions for currency and accuracy. Organizes and manages all subordinate positions.
(5) Advises the Mission Support Group Commander on unit related issues. May represent the Group Commander at senior staff meetings, conferences, etc.
(6) Oversees and/or participates in unit assessments, inspections, installation deployment plans, deployments, disaster preparedness exercises, and Crises Action Team operations required to maintain the highest state of readiness. May be called upon to perform additional duties in support of various programs at the Wing/Group level.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Each applicant must fully substantiate (in his/her own words) that he/she meets the requirements of the specialized experience listed below; Otherwise, the applicant will be considered unqualified for this position. DO NOT COPY THE VACANY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE : Experience, education or training involving judgment and/or analytical ability in the logistics field. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE : Must have at least 36 months experience , education, or training identifying activities involving logistical support operations. Experience integrating the actions of a variety of specialized support activities in order to develop a comprehensive logistics plan. Experience monitoring such functions as program planning, resource and fiscal management, training, manpower management, and/or automated data processing to meet the logistics plan. Experience identifying delays or problems and developing corrective actions. Experience working with people from various levels and backgrounds to elicit their cooperation to perform specific tasks, and complying with regulations, laws, or practices. Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
--Comprehensive technical knowledge of logistics readiness management and human relations skill sufficient to plan, set goals and standards and provide authoritative technical direction in carrying out the squadrons mission as well as the Wing readiness program.
--Knowledge of logistic funds management, property management, stock record management, storage management and transportation management.
--Knowledge of specialized methods and techniques and the ability to utilize analytical and statistical methods and procedures to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of programs and operations of the squadron. Included is the requirement for knowledge of Air Force (AF) operations, organizations, and fiscal management techniques, and the ability to formulate information into coherent practical operations for the squadron.
-- Demonstrated experience leading military groups and organizations.
-- Ability to formulate and implement policies, procedures, and programs for the Logistics Readiness Squadron Group and Wing programs.
-- Knowledge of Air Force Supply and Warehouse procedures and practices.
-- Knowledge of Vehicle Maintenance Management instructions, practices and procedures.
-- Knowledge of Fuels management procedures and practices and Defense Logistics Agency Energy instructions and processes.
-- Knowledge of Wing Deployment processes instructions, processes and practices.
-- Knowledge of Air Force Distribution and Traffic Management Flight instructions, processes and procedures.
--Comprehensive working knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations, policies, and precedents affecting the programs, to include Department of Defense, AF, National Guard (NG) regulations, procedures, and plans as well as the roles and responsibilities of the Logistics Readiness Squadron.
--Ability and skill to carry out the supervisory responsibilities of the position.
--Skill in oral and written communications to prepare and present briefings, papers, and staff reports; coordinate planning efforts; manage squadron activities, to effectively communicate requirements with staff and line personnel to encourage understanding and acceptance of findings and recommendations, and to negotiate with high-level civilian and military executives.
--Ability to independently analyze and resolve difficult issues and problems, to include those related to processes, work methods, data management, and operational procedures.
--Strong knowledge of the AF and DoD structure which affects the use of program and related support resources (people, money or equipment) in relation to the logistics readiness management process.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: - A maximum or 12 months of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of undergraduate study in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours for 12 months of experience. The education must have been in fields directly (i.e., business administration, logistics management, traffic management etc.) TRANSCRIPTS ARE REQUIRED IF USING EDUCATION AS SUBSTITUTION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE.
COMPATIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: All applications will be considered regardless of AFSC. Incumbent will be required to be assigned to and qualify in a compatible military position. The selected individual may be required to attend formal technical school training in a military status. Compatible Military Assignment: AFSC: 21RX Applicants do not have to possess this AFSC to be certified as qualified.
MILITARY GRADE: Only applicants in the military grade listed below will be considered. **Please include your military grade on your resume.
MINIMUM MILITARY RANK/GRADE: Maj
MAXIMUM MILITARY RANK/GRADE: Lt Col
This position requires a Secret security clearance. The applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main New Employee Website - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - The Federal Flexible Spending Accounts Program (FSAFeds) allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resource Office. You must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed on this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resource Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
3. MILITARY INCENTIVES - BONUSES AND STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM: If you are selected for this position, you may lose your eligibility for your National Guard Enlistment/Reenlistment Bonus and Student Loan Repayment Program incentives. In order to avoid losing your incentive eligibility, you should check with your incentives manager prior to accepting an offer for the position.
For M-Day/Traditional personnel who are currently receiving incentives to include Bonuses and the Student Loan Repayment Program incentive, the following termination rule applies:
IncentiveTermination without Recoupment:
If you accept an Active Guard Reserve (AGR) position or a Military Technician (Mil Tech) Permanent or Indefinite position after 25 February 2010 where membership in the National Guard is a condition of employment, your bonus will be terminated with no recoupment.
usajobs.gov - 2 years ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...