The Senior Financial Analyst works within the team that delivers company-wide planning, long-range goals, business strategies and critical financial support. The Senior Analyst provides support for the informing and influencing the financial and operational leadership that develops and enhances the optimal operating model, establishes measurable financial metrics and develops repeatable processes. Working under direction and independently, this role interfaces with internal clients to provide relevant financial modeling and analysis, works to obtain the necessary data and information to ensure complete, timely, and accurate analysis of financial information and processes in an proactive and effective manner.
Key Responsibilities :
- Proactively contribute with the identification opportunities and actions to improve financial performance of the branches and drive profitability through creation of financial reporting and analytic tools.
- Develop and provide analysis on new and existing customers, including product profitability and pricing initiatives so as to lead to effective business decisions.
- Develop reporting and modeling, including ownership of processes, to support operational decision making.
- Develop, implement and own process improvements within the budgeting and forecasting tools
- Provide direct support for functional areas outside of Finance for key management meetings, initiatives, and ad hoc reporting.
- Develop a more robust capital approval process, including pre and post approval
- Prepare analysis of select capital projects, post implementation, to ensure promised returns are materializing, including evaluating and challenging the economics of capital projects.
- Contribute insight and expertise to the evaluation of processes for best practice solutions, implementing better ways to utilize existing systems across the Finance function.
- Lead and/or provide expertise to “ad hoc" projects and analysis as requested.
Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge:
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 to 9 years experience as a financial analyst.
- Demonstrated ability to work with large amounts of financial data and trends, organize and summarize the results and report findings in a logical and organized fashion to support on-going strategic decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills as role will liaise with field operators and management in identifying and reporting key operational and financial information.
- Intermediate to expert level Excel skills
- COGNOS, Business Objects, Oracle experience a plus.
- Demonstration of strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Possession of, or ability to rapidly develop, a strong understanding of AmeriPride’s internal data sources, including accessing, analyzing, and addressing specific questions with relevant data in an expedited manner.
- Strong sense of ethical responsibility, personal accountability, and responsibility for the integrity and reliability of data, modeling, and reporting.
- Works well in independent and team environments. Capable of taking independent initiative in an ambiguous and changing environment.
- Estimated to be less than 10% nationally and Canada.
AmeriPride Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements
AmeriPride Services, Inc. - 23 months ago