Via Christi Health's rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region dates back more than 100 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, Via Christi Health is the largest provider of health care services in Kansas. We serve Kansas and northeast Oklahoma through our doctors, hospitals, senior villages and health services.
Responsible for providing patient assessment, development of a diagnostic impression, and plan patient treatment according to established protocols reviewed and signed by the medical supervisor.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Collaboratively provides patient care including assessment, documentation, development of diagnostic impression and implementation of treatment plan, including patient education with clinic physicians.
- Maintains complete and accurate patient records including phone documentation.
- Performs approved duties/procedures according to established protocols in the outpatient clinics. Assists with review and development of treatment protocols and bills appropriately for these services.
- Promotes team work through collaboration, role modeling and positive communication.
- Arranges patient admission for referring/collaborating physician. Consults and coordinates care of patients with interdisciplinary team members.
- Maintains complete documentation in clinic charts thru clinic notes/dictation and SOAPWARE. Orders diagnostic studies (such as x-rays and lab) on outpatients.
- Transmits prescriptions/ assumes duties and responsibilities per Nurse Practice Act.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Education and/or Experience
- Master's degree (M.N. or M.S.N.) as ARNP, or Nurse Practitioner with ARNP in state which employed.
- Minimum one (1) year recent successful experience working with a frail or elderly population in a community-based or long term care setting.
- Possess a personal presence characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
- Creates and maintains a partnership between employees, the community, and those we serve that fosters an environment honoring individual preferences, choices and traditions.
- Possesses a willingness to learn and apply Catholic Healthcare principles and values in the discernment and decision making process for all matters.
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions.
- Ability to cope with mental and emotional stress related to the position, function independently, having flexibility, consistency and professionalism.
- Develops and sustains safe, positive and productive work habits.
- Demonstrates compliance with all Via Christi policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of physical, mental and social needs of the frail elderly population.
- Knowledge of data collection and analysis methods.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Requires knowledge of Medical Staff bylaws; rules and regulations for clinical privileges and application of independent judgment within professional licensure and competency.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- RN license in the State which employed as ARNP.
- ACLS certified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodationsmay be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to carry or lift items weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally required to carry or lift items weighing up to 25 pounds for short distances. Required to obtain assistance of another qualified employee when attempting to lift objects over 25 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand or walk.
- Occasionally required to sit in a stationary position.
- Occasionally performs activities that require stooping, bending and reaching, squatting, balancing, and trunk twisting throughout the day.
- Constantly able to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as phone calls and customer questions.
- Constantly able to use hands and fingers to type, write, and file.
- Frequently able to use near vision for viewing computer monitor and written materials.
- Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate environmental issues.
- Category I of Potential Exposure, which includes tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. OSHA Blood borne Pathogen Standard 1910.1030(c)(2)(i) more specifically defines Category I Potential Exposure as: All procedures or other job related tasks that involve inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, or tissues, or a potential for spills or splashes of these. Use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment () is required for every employee engaging in Category I tasks
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to blood, body fluids, fumes, or airborne particles, and sharp objects potentially contaminated with blood borne pathogens or other infectious agents.
Position Scope/Patient Population:
- This position has direct resident/participant/patient contact that provides care to all populations.
Via Christi Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Via Christi Health System - 13 months ago