Associate’s Degree, Diploma in Nursing or BSN. State of New Mexico Registered Nursing License. 6-12 months GI experience. Demonstrated communication and problem solving skill. Bilingual skills are helpful. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and EPIC applications..
Primary Job Functions
Serves as liaison between Presbyterian Healthcare Services and its patients.
- Provides direct and indirect patient care by assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting individual patient needs, actions taken and patient responses.
- Coordinates patients’ care through collaboration with the patient/family and healthcare team.
- Performs assessments as per unit standards and documents on appropriate data base/assessment flow sheet.
- Initiates, utilizes and documents appropriate protocols and standards of care.
- Administers medication and treatments as prescribed by physician, or standard protocols and documents according to policy.
Uses the nursing process to evaluate patient needs during out-bound telephone calls.
- Identifies and meets patient and family learning and discharge needs on admission and throughout episode of care.
Serves as patient advocate to assist patient through the health care system.
- Evaluates patient progression toward outcomes per unit standards and documents through EOSS etc.
- Performs competently in emergency situations.
- Delegates or assigns aspects of patient care to healthcare team members commensurate with their validated competency to perform the task.
- Operates the console of telephone lines and associated telephone equipment..
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills. Maintains a customer-driven professional attitude..
- Collects and inputs pertinent call disposition data and ensures that complete and accurate documentation is recorded into the computerized database for each call.
- Functions independently and demonstrates competence in decision making, communication and problem solving techniques to resolve patients’ questions and concerns.
- Maintains knowledge of updated software and hardware applications in the performance of duties.
- Provides leadership through communication about and validation of patient care.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient records.
- Participates in quality improvement activities for Wellness Access.
- Assists with various procedures, treatments, surgical techniques or assigns to other healthcare team members as appropriate.
- Completes patient population/age-specific/procedure and protocol education and competency testing per unit standards.
- Demonstrates competency in required psychomotor skills.
- Assumes professional responsibility for current nursing structure and clinical standards of care.
- Incorporates PHS mission (VVPS) in care-giving activities.
- Supports DON philosophies of shared governance and models of care delivery.