The Credit and Collections Representative is located in Covington, Georgia at C. R. Bard Medical Division.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
As primary contact for both internal and external customers, The Credit & Collections Representative is responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction and good will by accurately and professionally responding to customer requests, determining the appropriate actions, and follow-up is required to ensure that the customer is happy to do business with C.R. Bard.
As Corporate Credit Service tends to be the center of activity for a wide range of customer interactions, this position has a wide array of responsibilities. The Credit Representative will be individually responsible for the resolution of customer transactions each month as well as collections of past due invoices. The Credit Representative will work across multiple divisions and must have general knowledge in invoicing, returns processing, EDI, terms and conditions of sales, credit review, cash application and many other types of customer needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops a general knowledge of company products, services, and policies to ensure that customers feel a sense of confidence when dealing with Credit Service
- Exercises tact and good judgment in customer communications, many of which involve errors, discrepancies, and problems. Maintains professionalism in dealing with difficult situations.
- Effectively raises customer issues and problems through appropriate levels of management to ensure good communication and prompt decision-making.
- Reviews customer orders on credit hold promptly to ensure good communication to Customer Service and the customer, in order to meet shipping schedules.
- Promptly addresses past due invoices to minimize any financial risk to the company and maximize cash flow to achieve Corporate objectives.
- Develops a comprehensive knowledge of products, systems, services and policies to accurately prepare research in resolving disputes with our customers in a timely manner.
- Prepares assigned reports to meet the customer and business requirements.
- Reconciles customer remittance checks and payments.
•Proficient in the use of a personal computer with intermediate level of keyboarding skills.
•Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
•Good interpersonal skills to deal with a wide variety of customer, including buyers, divisional personnel, and accounting personnel.
•Ability to work in a team environment.
•Detail oriented and self starter.
•Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree desired, high school education or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years experience in a high volume credit and collection function or customer service.
- JDE experience a plus.
Employee generally is required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift objects up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...