Marketing / Promotions;
At Corporate, you'll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company's many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
Department Background: The mission of the Customer Information Management team is to optimize the value of customer data for use in building direct customer relationships and delivering relevant customer experiences across The Walt Disney Company's brands and businesses globally. As a central resource for company-wide customer data, the team partners with stakeholders across the company to establish data practices, policies and capabilities to collect, use and share data in support business objectives, while maintaining respectful consumer data practices. Primary responsibilities of the group are to:
1)Enrich enterprise data assets by identifying and executing data acquisition opportunities and strategies, including those executed internally and/or with third parties
2)Deliver customer data analytics / decision science subject matter expertise and services to TWDC businesses
3)Establish global, company-wide standards and business policies for collection, sharing and use of customer information
4)Own and operate enterprise-wide tools and capabilities, including the enterprise-wide customer data marketing and analytics environment and any company-wide customer-facing tools (e.g., customer preference centers, account management tools).
Position Description: This position guides the ongoing development and governance of TWDC's customer information practices by leading the definition, adoption and management of global, company-wide guidelines and standards for customer data collection and use, and driving efforts to identify and acquire new, rich sources of customer information that enrich knowledge of the customer. The Director will partner with marketing and business development stakeholders across lines of business and geographies to understand emerging CRM strategies and plans, while supporting existing customer information needs. The Director will assist and guide business teams in understanding and complying with existing legal and brand guidelines and ultimately ensure that practices remain consistent with enterprise-wide customer data strategies, objectives and guidelines. Finally, the Director will work closely with Brand Management colleagues and other key Corporate teams including Global Public Policy and Technology to understand emerging trends, technologies and regulations related to direct-to-consumer practices and address impacts. The scope of this position covers customer marketing/CRM and privacy practices across all TWDC businesses and brands worldwide. This position has two direct reports.
oOverseeing & approving customer marketing permissioning practices, marketing to children practices, integration with social media platforms, email guidelines, contact management rules etc.
- Managing a comprehensive marketing data governance program including
oProviding training and facilitating coordination across marketing and technical teams to ensure appropriate data management processes are in place, are effective, efficient and consistent with guidelines and best practices.
oLeading efforts to identify and implement data enrichment initiatives including defining data collection strategies and standards for new / emerging channels, partnering with key stakeholders to identify and engage potential preferred data providers, etc.
- Partnering with the Director of Analytics and Director of Operations on corporate and business-led initiatives involving domestic and international customer information assets.
- Working with business and technology teams on resolving issues/limitations; finding creative ways to meet marketing objectives within company guidelines
- Coordinating with Legal Policy team to assess impacts of proposed domestic legislation and international data protection rules affecting consumer marketing.
- At least 10 years leadership experience in a consumer database marketing role developing strategies and marketing programs across a variety of communication platforms with substantial focus on web, email and social media channels.
- Significant experience leveraging internal customer information, online behavioral data, social CRM data and 3rd party data partnerships to build highly relevant consumer experiences in support of customer acquisition, retention and other CRM initiatives.
- Significant experience championing the identification and resolution of critical customer information gaps, including development of proposals for senior leadership and identification/prioritization of required resources.
- Working knowledge of regulations imposed by government and self-regulatory bodies including COPPA, CARU, CAN-SPAM, MMA, Safe Harbor, etc.
- Excellent relationship and leadership skills with proven experience influencing both with and without direct authority. Experience negotiating or participating in contract discussions between companies a plus
- Strong thought leadership and strategic skills; must be able to synthesize complex issues and large amounts of information and translate into easily understood practices
- Experience managing professional level employees and leading cross-functional teams
- Experience supporting medium to large consumer marketing organizations across a wide range product/service categories
Job Posting Industries
This position is with The Walt Disney Company.
iCIMS Social Distribution - 13 months ago