Perform individualized patient procedures, treatments and tests. Perform associated clerical tasks including chart preparation, stocking clinic supplies and answering telephones. Provide advanced assistance with medical clinic operations and monitoring of clinic flow.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduation from an ABHES or CAAHEP accredited Medical Assistant program, or currently enrolled in or have completed at least one academic term (quarter or semester) of a nursing commission approved program approved by the commission (ADN or BSN). Term must have included a clinical component.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) must be obtained within two attempts of the exam, taken as soon as possible after hire. If not taking the Medical Assistant exam, must have current Washington State Nursing Technician Registration (and must provide quarterly documentation of attendance and evaluation of skill competency in the School of Nursing.)
- Health Care Assistant certification (categories A, C, and E) may be required after hire as specified per specialty area.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS).
- Medical Assistant or medical office experience.
- Pediatric experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Urgent care experience as a Medical Assistant.
Founded in 1907, Children's provides excellent patient care with compassion and respect, and conducts cutting-edge pediatric research. We...