Initiative’s focus is on using the power of communications to drive clients’ business. As a Group Business Director, this person is responsible for managing the entire team of agency professionals, from various disciplines including Insight & Strategy, Planning, Analytics, Digital and Broadcast Investment, with accountability for all facets of driving these clients’ business success.
In this role, the Group Business Director will lead the team and act as the main point of contact for the MillerCoors Brewing Company. They will be responsible for all disciplines but will lead the Planning team day-to-day as well. They will look for any and all opportunities to drive business performance success for these clients, from offering a broader marketing perspective to identifying opportunities for greater services for the client via Mediabrands partners (e.g., the IPG Media Lab, Cadreon, Orion Trading barter services, etc.).
It is imperative that this person be a main point of contact for and build a strong working relationship with the Media Director and VP/Marketing Connections at MillerCoors.
- Manage a team of professionals who provide strategic planning, tactical planning, implementation oversight and business management for the client
- Act as a senior consultant and strategic advisor to clients and staff
- Deepen relationship with senior leaders and brand management at client
- Manage a staff of media planning professionals. Develop the staff through performance management and giving consistent feedback. Identify with staff, developmental opportunities and help them to work toward their professional goals
- Promote an open working environment where opinions, views and ideas can be shared
- Accountable for growing existing business and organic growth, through Initiative’s services as well as those of Mediabrands’ and IPG partner agencies
- Deepen relationships and working processes with MillerCoors partner agencies like Cavalry, Saatchi, Digitas and Integer
- Responsible for the development/review of compensation arrangements; client profitability.
- Provide input for development of company policies and processes
- Reallocate resources to meet client deadlines and needs
- Assign new brands/businesses and ensure balance of workload among the team
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, colleagues and vendors
- 12+ years experience in Marketing and/or Advertising and Media
- 7+ years experience in managing or developing a staff
- Significant experience/involvement in new business planning and presentations
- Ability to drive projects from conception to completion; project management experience
- Strong marketing/communications planning background with ability to lead the business planning
- Proven knowledge of marketing, business and advertising; media experience is not necessary though exposure to Media principles and resources is preferred
IPG Media Brands - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -