At Agensys, we're changing tomorrow by moving oncology forward. We've developed a pipeline of novel therapeutic fully human monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) to treat solid tumors based on our own proprietary targets. We have discovered and validated a portfolio of clinically relevant targets in 14 different cancer types. Our pipeline includes therapeutic MAbs to multiple cancer indications that are at different stages of clinical and pre-clinical development.
Our parent company, Astellas Pharma US helps us shine. Together we are the bright spot in the pharmaceutical industry -- not just because of what we do, but in the way we do it. If you are looking for a company where you can change a life, make a dream come true, and light the way for a better tomorrow, this is the place for you.
Astellas, and our Agensys subsidiary, offer a different kind of work culture. A high standard of ethics is mandatory. Quality is our pledge. Diversity is valued. Individual initiative is rewarded. Astellas offers an environment where our employees can make a real difference. To continue to change tomorrow, Astellas/Agensys must recruit the best and brightest in the industry
Come, shine with us!
We are seeking a highly motivated bioinformatics programmer or scientist with expertise in developing software for storing and analyzing biological and experimental data. The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and customization of an antibody therapeutics database, a laboratory information management system, and an electronic notebook platform. The position will also be responsible for extending functionality to internal web sites and maintaining bioinformatics hardware/software to support of our company's activities in novel cancer therapeutics research, discovery, and development.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Customization of antibody therapeutics database and Research LIMS software
- Add functionality to internal web site and databases supporting research
- Develop custom scripts and programs to collect and analyze high throughput genomic data
- Maintain and administer bioinformatics hardware/software
- Maintain and administer Oracle backups for key databases
- A masters degree or higher in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or Computer Science with experience in Bioinformatics.
- Experience with LINUX/Unix operating systems
- Experience with Bioconductor
- Experience using relational databases (Oracle, Postgresql or MySQL).
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with .NET and Ironpython
- Familiarity with Tomcat/Struts/JBOSS
- Familiarity with Thermo Nautilus LIMS software
- Familiarity with IDBS E-Work suite
Astellas Pharmaceuticals - 2 years ago