Quality Assurance Engineer - Web Experience
Location US-CA-San Mateo
Posted Date 6/21/2013
Cost Center 264 Category Quality Assurance
Akamai's Intelligent Internet Platform handles a significant portion of World Wide Web Traffic — over a trillion interactions a day (HD Video, software downloads, e-commerce, cloud computing, etc.) On any given day, it's highly likely nearly every user on the Internet worldwide is receiving content through Akamai's over one hundred thousand servers deployed in over 70 countries worldwide. Do you have what it takes to help Akamai ensure the performance, stability and scalability of the software responsible for delivering that content?
The System Quality Assurance group is responsible for extensive testing across all the technologies developed in Engineering. This group is knowledgeable about all these technologies and focuses on real- world, end-to-end testing to ensure all of Akamai's systems integrate well. In addition, this group works on automated testing infrastructure and systematic test case tracking to increase efficiency within the quality assurance process.
- Perform manual and automated Functional, Performance and End to End System tests to release high quality application/system software that is highly resilient and optimally performing on very large distributed networks.
- Add new tests/ enhance existing tests written in perl.
- Contribute to System test methodologies, test plans and highly effective Test automation.
- Create, deploy and maintain automated system tests to replicate real-world scenarios.
- Review bug descriptions, functional requirements and design documents, incorporating this information into test plans and test cases.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of software quality and/or development engineering experience overall.
- 2+ years’ experience in server-side SQA and/or development engineering experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with UNIX/Linux Operating System.
- 2+ years’ experience developing scripts and test automation (i.e. Perl, Python, shell scripts).
- Education: Master’s Degree or greater in Computer Science.
- Knowledge of/experience with IPv6 and IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack a strong plus.
- Knowledge of HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP Networking Protocols a strong plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Highly driven, positive attitude, team player, self-motivated and very flexible.
- Experience with Linux internals.
- Experience with client-server testing.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills
Making sure our customers are doing the very best they can to succeed in today's hyperconnected world. This is what Akamai does every day. Are you ready for the challenge?
- Is relocation available for this position: No
- Is US Citizenship required: No
- Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
No one carries more of the world's Web traffic than Akamai, so working with Akamai means you’re helping some of the world’s best known brands succeed in bringing any experience to any device, anywhere. Cloud computing, SaaS, eCommerce, online entertainment and dynamic personalized experiences are all fueled by Akamai technology. Join Akamai and you join a culture that’s extremely intelligent, strongly supportive and passionately committed to delivering world-class solutions. Some of the best minds in business, mathematics, and engineering work at Akamai – leading, learning and shaping the future of the Internet.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
Akamai - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -