Opportunity in Quality Assurance with an industry leading manufacturing organization. This position offers an individual the opportunity to contribute to and enhance our quality program. Inspect parts and finished goods, document findings, and collaborate with internal customers to trouble shoot problems and develop innovative ways to improve quality processes.
In this role as the Precision Inspector you will be expected to:
- Perform quality inspections using dimensional, functional, and visual attributes as specified
- Inspect Engineering prototypes, experimental parts, and samples
- Inspect and identify metals, plastics, finish, plating, heat treating/hardness, welding and springs
- Calibrate, inspect and maintain production or inspection gauges and equipment
- Setup complex inspection equipment and parts to ensure quality conformance
- Complete product studies, internal/supplier process or product audits, data collection and analysis along with the completion of the appropriate inspection document and records
- Work closely with department supervisor, Quality Assurance, Support Staff and other co-workers to effectively problem solve, correct and prevent defects and errors
- Demonstrate ability to utilize standard inspection tools such as micrometres, callipers, plug and ring gauges, gauge blocks, dial indicators, surface plate, profilometer and video measuring systems.
American Society For Quality - 18 months ago