Quality Services Manager
This is a site leadership position and is seen as a critical role ensuring the Quality & Safety of the great products we provide to our consumers.
This position provides site technical leadership on quality and food safety principles, practices and conformance.
The site QS Manager will develop and lead activities that will audit, report and improve quality systems in the factory using documented standards and regulatory guidelines.
It is key this role be the champion and driving force behind and ensuring a culture of quality.
Take a leadership role in leading process owners through identifying, analyzing, and recommending corrective actions to resolve or correct quality failures. Verifies the effectiveness and completion of corrective actions related to quality.
- This position leads the site as Quality Champion to assure the ongoing production of high quality and safe food products that comply with product design and meet or exceed customer and consumer expectations;
- Implements all quality systems, assurance of effective change management, and drives continuous process improvement;
- Shares accountability for Strategic Business Unit driven research projects in raw materials and product development and is the primary Regulatory contact;
- Manages the quality audit function for site operations and assures the effectiveness of the corrective and preventative action process within the framework of the plant's Quality Management System;
- Participates in the management of crises involving products and the ongoing interpretation and reporting of information from our customers and consumers.
- Manages the activities and training of associates with strong focus on building talent within our organization and skill development.
- Develops recommendation for disposition of all nonconforming items – raws, packs and finished goods.
- Excellent oral and written skills are required to effectively communicate with all levels of staff.
- Potential quality improvement managers should possess the necessary skills required to champion quality through all organizational levels.
Identify, recommend, evaluate, and if necessary, implement or oversee the execution of new processing concepts, equipment, ingredient, and product formulations.
Skills and Experience:
- HACCP and food safety management
- ISO9000 and quality management systems
- Regulatory and food law
- Regulatory Inspection
- Auditing and Audit Standards (FPA, Silliker, AIB, Mars LRQA)
- Quality systems standards - Mars Global Standards
- Food microbiology, analytical chemistry, and sensory methods
- Thermal Processing and Deviation Management
- Process engineering, manufacturing equipment, and controls
- Lean Six Sigma methods
- Activity Management Process
- A minimum of 7-9 years of food experience in a technical area such as quality systems development, R&D product development, laboratory management, supplier quality systems, or food process engineering
- 2 + years of lean, six sigma or other continuous improvement methodologies
- Prior experience in a plant quality leadership role required
- Strong track record of leadership and drive for results required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars North America offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
- Degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Chemistry, Engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years of leading direct reports through significant change management
- Experiential knowledge of quality improvement processes, strategic planning and policy development is preferred.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars North America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
Research and Development
Mars - 10 months ago
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...