Join a thriving startup and TechStars graduate. DigitalOcean is simplifying the complexities of cloud hosting. We are focused on building the next cloud that will revolutionize the hosting industry. We are a small team but growing at a very rapid pace with over 100,000 virtual servers launched and 5,000+ customers. |
We are looking for someone to join our growing support team. We are looking for someone who is excited to provide awesome support for our rapidly expanding developer community. We offer our customers a variety of linux distributions to work with and need someone who is ready to help customers tackle problems that range from simple program configuration best practices to debugging connection issues.
You will be responsible for answering support tickets, responding to user comments on the site, and giving in depth technical suggestions on our forum and IRC channel. Because of the constant customer interactions, excellent communication skills are a must.
We are looking for a support person to fill the 4pm to 12am shift Monday through Friday.
IMPORTANT: This is not an off-site/remote position. You must be willing to work from our NYC office.
- You need to have a basic understanding of the following:
- PHP (w/memcache)
- MySQL (replication)
- Mail Servers
- Security Hardening
- Performance Optimization and Application Troubleshooting
- TCP Networking (L3 switching VLANs)
- Virtualization (Xen, KVM, VMware)
- NFS Storage
- CMS Systems: Wordpress, Joomla, CakePHP, Drupal
- Nagios or Zenoss
- Cacti / RRD / MRTG
- Advanced TCP Networking: OSPF, BGP, Hardware Load Balancing, Hardware Firewalls
- VPN (Hardware and OpenVPN)
- LDAP (OpenLDAP)
- Bash/Perl/Python Scripting
- Puppet or Chef
- iSCSI or Open Filer or Gluster
- Managing hundreds of servers
DigitalOcean - 9 months ago