Marshall & Swift/Boeckh (MSB) is the leading provider of property valuation and related business information to government agencies, and the real estate, lending, investing, and insurance markets. Utilizing state-of-the-art databases, systems, and proprietary technologies, MSB enables enterprises to access and manage large volumes of mission-critical data.
An available portfolio of high-value analytical services provides clients with core business solutions that transform ordinary data into valuable and actionable business intelligence to provide for improved risk-based decisioning, marketing initiatives, and similar situational analysis.
Premised with the understanding that knowledge is power, MSB software and tools enable businesses to utilize their data, along with MSB provided analytics and automation to arrive at better, more consistent business decisions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- The position ensures that the Help Desk team is delivering great customer service, meeting Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and is managing incident restoration. Meeting customer service expectations entails monitoring and reporting on performance metrics such as the number of calls received, the number of calls closed on first contact, the number of open calls and the number of open aged calls.
- This position is responsible for the Help Desk technicians’ performance and reports to the Contact Center Manager.
- Drive the Help Desk team and instill a customer service culture that over delivers.
- Act as a technical escalation point for Help Desk Technicians.
- Approve inter team escalations and oversee the incident to completion.
- Develop inter and intra team processes that promote efficiency and communications excellence.
- Oversee the prompt completion of breached SLA tickets.
- Track trouble ticket resolution metrics against SLAs.
- Measure and report on service delivery performance metrics including customer satisfaction surveys and trouble ticket open, closed and breached statistics.
- Produce SLA exception reports and investigate the root cause of the SLA breach.
- Liaise with business units that have IT services demands to understand business drivers.
- Provide phone, email and chat support as required 40+ hours per week.
- Answer phone calls from ACD queue.
- Comply with established goals for performance.
- Verify and log customer information in CRM tool.
- Answer functionality and technical questions regarding the software we support.
- Exhibit and maintain high standards of customer service.
- Log call details as per defined standards in CRM tool.
- Understand how MSB products can help our clients succeed.
- Enter items into tracking software for escalation outside the department.
- Receive and process MSB product requests.
- Update and maintain user call logs in Clientele.
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position.
- Be able to function well in a team environment.
- Take initiative to learn and expand knowledge of MSB software.
- All other assigned duties as assigned.
This position has supervisory duties for Help Desk Technician I, Help Desk Technician II and Senior Help Desk Technician which include and are not limited to:
Education & Work Experience:
- Responsibility for the performance of all associates
- May assist the Contact Center Manager in all aspects of management of the Help Desk as needed
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business Management or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Management experience in a customer service help desk environment.
- Outstanding telephone customer service skills.
- Excellent ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Excellent ability to exhibit self-control in stressful situations.
- Proven ability to follow policies and procedures, attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and workload prioritization.
- Outstanding computer keyboard accuracy.
- Proven ability to research issues independently.
- Solid working knowledge of Windows OS & MS Office Suite required.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Outstanding Leadership Skills: Leads by example, exhibits high motivation, energy and creative ability. Maintains and assists with building team’s detailed knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures. Meets or exceeds defined group goals. Assists in recruiting for new associates and participates in hiring, disciplinary actions and termination.
- Demonstrated Customer Service Skills – Displays courtesy and sensitivity, manages difficult or emotional customer situations, meets commitments, responds promptly to customer needs, and solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Outstanding Critical Thinking Skills – Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, makes timely decisions.
- Outstanding Problem Solving Skills - Identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, resolves problems in early stages, works well in group problem solving situations.
- Solid Self-Management Skills - Regulates impact of own emotions upon others, remains focused and energized under stress, accepts criticism and recovers quickly from setbacks, projects realistic self-confidence in abilities.
- General knowledge of insurance industry required.
MSB is a Decision Insight Information Group company which is owned by a private equity firm, TPG Capital®. Located in the U.S., Canada and Europe, Decision Insight Information Group delivers a comprehensive range of information, infrastructure and decision support products and services for financial and legal professionals. Operating at the heart of the property industry, Decision Insight Information Group manages complex information solutions and provides clarity on decision making for buying, selling, conveyancing, financing and insurance.
- General office environment.
- Heavy telephone usage.
- No physical demands required.
Decision Insight companies include MSB and DataQuick in the U.S., Access Point Information Canada, SearchFlow, xit2 and Decision Insight Hub in the UK, Millar & Bryce in Scotland, Rochford Brady Group in the Republic of Ireland, and Wertweiser, a joint venture with HVB Bank, in Germany. Decision Insight has 1,100 employees in 16 offices. For more information, visit www.decisioninsightgroup.com .
TPG Capital® is a leading global private investment firm with over $47 billion of capital under management across a family of funds. Since the firm's founding in 1992, TPG’s investment philosophy has been to create value by investing in change - change created by industry trends, economic cycles or specific company circumstances.
Marshall & Swift/Boeckh (MSB) - 23 months ago