Group Travel Coordinator - Oshkosh, WI
LOCATION: Oshkosh, WI
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Group Air, Business Travel Division
DOL CLASSIFICATION : Full-time, Hourly, Non-exempt
To make the required/appropriate transportation reservations for Fox Premier Meetings and Incentives Division groups and attendees.
When working with meetings and incentive clients, each attendee has “special needs/requirements”, and often we are required to go outside of the normal group movement to accommodate these attendees. As with all Fox World Travel reservation specialists, the Group Travel Coordinators manage several clients at one time. An excellent knowledge of Apollo, from both the business travel and vacation travel perspectives, is necessary. Balancing up to 30 various group movements and their respective contracts is a constant challenge. Complete understanding of each group and associated airline contracts, along with a “teamwork” spirit allows the Group Travel Coordinators to be a significant part of each group movement’s success. In most cases, the conversations attendees have with Group Travel Coordinators, about their meeting or incentive transportation needs, form their first (and lasting) impressions of the Fox Premier Meetings and Incentives Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all active airline contracts
- Make airline, ground transportation and lodging reservations
- Prepare group airline analyses
- Prepare reports, e.g. arrival/departure manifests or airline(s) cost analyses, required by clients and other Premier managers
- Maintain pro-active relationships with airlines’ meetings and incentives sales representatives
Please email resume and cover letter (in MS Word format please) to: email@example.com
- Minimum two years travel agency experience – preference given to group travel and/or meetings and incentives experience
- Understanding of airline group contract parameters, to include:
- Negotiated concessions, e.g. tour conductor seats, waivers for seat penalties, name changes, deposits schedules, etc.
- Contract types, e.g. 5 – 10% off, blocked-space, zone fares, etc.
- Proficiency in the use of global distribution systems (GDS) – preferably Apollo
- Experience using group reporting software tools, e.g. Group Manager preferred
- Knowledgeable in travel industry codes and practices
- Ability to use MS Word, Outlook and Excel
Or mail resume and cover letter to:
Fox World Travel, Inc.
Attn: Director, Human Resources
P.O. Box 2386
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2386
Fox World Travel - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard