Altius Health Plans is an organization of people dedicated to serving the health care needs of our community. We foster team involvement, encourage continuing education, and reward success. At Altius Health Plans, we strive to maintain an organization with energetic, growth-minded, and loyal employees who are continually challenged to make a difference.
Join a team that offers the family feel of a local organization with the support and resources of a Fortune 500 company! We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, tuition reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting, and excellent growth opportunities.
Responsible for the research and identification of quality of care issues to ensure compliance with Coventry’s quality improvement programs as well as accreditation and regulatory standards.
- Performs quality improvement studies as they relate to trends identified via utilization review activities, utilization patterns, audits, Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) results, appeals, etc.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all quality improvement activities, i.e., studies, surveys, audits, peer reviews, etc. Performs analysis and provides oversight for delegated functions.
- Identifies possible quality of care issues through research and data analysis. Prepares and distributes accurate and timely reports according to department policies, documentation standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Under the direction of assigned Medical Directors and quality improvement management, conducts audits to research quality of care issues.
- Assists in conducting peer review chart audits, compiling statistics, and reporting results to the appropriate oversight committees.
- Monitors and assures that follow-up re-evaluation activities take place when deficiencies are identified and recommendations for corrective action have been made.
- Develops and provides training to members and employer groups regarding preventive health and wellness as they relate to trends identified via review activities and audits.
- Assists in preparing the annual quality improvement program evaluation and work plan.
- May complete an annual review of department policies and procedures and make recommendations for updates based on changing needs or trends.
- Performs other duties as required.
Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building a talented and diverse team.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) with active state license required.
- Complies with all state certification requirements in the state where job duties are performed.
- Previous (2-4 years) clinical experience required.
- Previous quality improvement and/or managed health care experience preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of relevant legal, medical, and regulatory terms, issues, and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated data analysis and report preparation skills.
- Knowledge of standard software packages required, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Valid driver’s license may be required.
Primary Location: South Jordan, UT, US
Organization: 30000 - Altius Health Plans
Job Posting: 2012-10-25 00:00:00.0
Job ID: 1211969
Coventry Health Care - 21 months ago
In May of 2013, Coventry became a part of Aetna. We are excited to join together with common values and a common mission: empowering people...