Business Analyst (Software)
Job ID : 2013-15115
# of Positions: 1
Posted Date: 1/23/2013
Job Location: US-MN-Minneapolis
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Category: Information Technology
Come join Pearson Credential Management (PCM), the market leader in on-demand credential and license management services. Pearson Credential Management products offer comprehensive solutions to organizations administering credentials, individuals holding or pursuing credentials, and employers seeking to hire those individuals. Whatever the task – from managing programs, to tracking candidate progress, to verifying credentials for employment, to earning a license to practice a trade or profession – the Pearson Credential Management solutions deliver timely results, increased efficiency and reduced costs through automation and 24x7 self-sufficiency.
Pearson Credential Management is key product line of Pearson VUE, an independent business of Pearson Education, a Global, multi-billion dollar Digital Learning Company. For more information please visit http://www.pearsonvue.com/
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Business Analyst is a key facilitator that works closely with internal and external clients, program and product managers, and software development teams who displays a passion for leading and delivering business value through customer experiences and software development.
As an integral part of the software development team the Business Analyst leads both the effort of defining software requirements and ensuring those requirements are acutely developed. The Business Analystacts as a bridge between the client and the project stakeholders. The Business Analyst is both the business requirements and functional specifications source-of-truth and responsible for driving necessary business communication. The Business Analyst ensures that requirements are written unambiguously and concisely such that they are both implementable and understandable by development and support acceptable requirements to test case ratios.
The BA is a customer-focused role with direct product involvement responsible for managing and communicating requirements to the solution team throughout the project, from inception to completion. This is done by understanding and being the voice of the stakeholders to the team through daily stand-ups, a product backlog, use cases and user stories, and low-fidelity prototyping. A strong and technical understanding of current and future business needs is required to meet or exceed the customer’s needs.
The PCM BA team is comprised of industry tested professionals who thrive on developing cutting edge applications, with a passion for innovation and pride in producing excellent user experiences. Our work environment is one where we promote agile principles and is collaborative, casual, flexible, and results driven. We provide a mission-critical Software-as-Service application to a demanding set of clients where high-quality performance is required to meet customer expectations.
The team is growing and looking to add similar minded professionals.
The Business Analyst will:
- Demonstrate and have accountability for requirements management via functional specification or backlog
- Communicate using a variety of methods such as text, diagrams, prototypes, use cases, or user stories
- Facilitate interviews and requirement elicitation sessions
- Prioritize the requirements or backlog according to business value
- Negotiate and resolve requirement conflicts
- Work with the Product Owner to represent the customer to the team and answer questions
- Provide estimates for requirements and analysis activities as required
- Perform or assist with user acceptance testing
- Improve project processes or recommend improvements as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Information Systems, Computer Science discipline or equivalent technical work experience
- Seasoned IT or Business professional with a minimum of 2 years business analysis, technical experience, customer management, and/or technology implementations
- Experience with requirement elicitation, requirements documentation, and requirements management
- Direct customer interface experience (working with customer directly on project tasks; managing customer expectations)
- Proven ability to quickly learn new business domains and technical applications
- Strong technical, analytical, and communication skills
- Proven ability to navigate several projects with different solution teams at once and multi-task
- Experience with software development of client-server, web-based, data warehousing, reporting, or similar systems
- Motivated and self-directed
- Experience in computer-based testing, certification, and licensing industry preferred
Pearson Education - 19 months ago
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...