This is a Material Damage Claims OYS Manager will be responsible shops in South West Georgia and Metro Atlanta. Ideal candidate must have 3 to 5 years of previous/current Material Damage (Auto) claims handling experience. Material Damage (Auto) claims management experience is a plus.
JOB SUMMARY: Manages Blue Ribbon vendors within a geographic area. Promotes and provides "On Your Side" customer service. This includes, monitoring and measuring shop performance improvement through reinspections, reports, action plans, performance reviews, and other evaluation methods. Serves as the contact for customer complaints and satisfaction. Also, serves as liaison to claims leadership for shop performance issues, claims and service results, and overall Blue Ribbon Repair Service (BRRS) claims performance. Other responsibilities include managing customer complaint / satisfaction, expense control, and supporting cross functional and cross-claims specialty coordination. Field based position.
RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Reports directly or indirectly to Claims Director
DIRECT REPORTS: None
1. Carries out and maintains the reinspection program used to indicate performance utilizing Best Claims Practices.
2. Monitors/manages support resources/vendors as applicable (e.g. rental car company, glass vendor, software providers, etc.). Coordinates resources with other functions such as QA, SIU, Subrogation, Claims Legal and home office support staff.
3. Supports claims performance improvement via participation in special claims initiatives.
4. Supports cross-functional and cross- claims coordination by participating in local claims team to improve cross-claims coordination and ensuring agent understanding of claims data and processes, BRRS, and manage agent -claims partnership.
5. Serves as liaison between centralized MD BRRS unit and field claims management for all related issues including performance, service, claims review, and reporting.
6. Responsible for overseeing claims activity for assigned Blue Ribbon Repair facilities.
7. Reviews Direct Repair shop's activities and provides feedback and evaluation. Trains and coaches staff in all aspects of BRRS program .
8. Manages and evaluates performance of collision repair program vendors and facilities. Monitors and analyzes shop performance and quality. Recommends shop performance improvements, addition/deletion of shops in conjunction with claims management. Develops action plans and monitors improvement opportunities. Drive technical excellence, conduct file reviews and reinspections, and ensure program and contractual compliance.
9. Delivers a positive On-Your-Side customer service experience to all internal, external, current and prospective Nationwide customers.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
Licenses/Designations: State licensing where required. Successful completion of required/applicable claims certification training/classes. Participation in technical insurance or industry coursework preferred (CPCU, ICAR, ASE)
Experience: Eight years related experience in material damage claims. Prefer experience in property/casualty claims management.
Knowledge: Requires strong knowledge of general management practices and MD claims practices and procedures as they relate to management of contractors, vendors and claims file review. Prefer knowledge of MD Direct repair processes, estimating systems, and related processes. Must be able to utilize both manual and computer estimating techniques; claims and estimating systems as used in multiple states helpful.
Skills/Competencies: Proven ability to meet customer needs and provide exemplary service by informing customers of the claims process and ensuring a positive customer experience. Analytical and decision-making skills needed to review files, determine processing problems/solutions and pursue implementation of new procedure/training. Oral and written communication skills used to interact with all levels of internal and external contacts. Ability to operate PC and related software. Regularly and consistency demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by: Business Unit Executive and Human Resources.
Working Conditions: Requires the ability to travel to vendor, contractors, claimants and policyholder residence and other field locations as needed. Representatives may be required to operate an automobile and have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record. Must be able to make physical inspections of property loss sites. Must be willing to work irregular hours and to travel with possible overnight requirements. May be on-call. Must be available to work catastrophes (CAT). Extended and/or non-standard hours as required.
Credit/Background Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company - 17 months ago