The Corporate Director Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) is responsible for developing and supporting global EH&S programs to advance Coherent's continuous improvement goals.
The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Global Operations and is located in the Santa Clara corporate headquarters. The Director of EH&S is member of a global team of EH&S Representatives and Laser Safety Officers (LSOs) and is responsible for leading this team towards the vision of continuous EH&S improvements. This requires a commitment to creating a heightened sense of "ownership and involvement" of every employee across the enterprise to embed these EH&S values into the company's culture.
Education and Work Experience: * A strong business perspective that includes the ability to work with all levels of executives and operational associates.
- Set global standards for protection of employee safety.
- Provide visibility of EH&S progress, performance, and issues to executive management.
- Work to foster an atmosphere of openness and information sharing in order to encourage a culture of EH&S ownership and involvement.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the continuous improvement of Coherent's EH&S programs, including ISO 14001 management system.
- Direct the continued development, implementation, and management of injury prevention programs, monitoring and monthly, quarterly and annual EH&S reporting procedures.
- Identify and deploy EH&S best practices across the organization.
- Conduct annual "employee safety perception survey" to measure progress on safety performance and culture.
- Serve as a key contact for the company with relevant government agencies and safety groups in building the company's external reputation for excellence in the areas of safety.
- Ensure the adequacy of response programs for managing issues of crisis relative to EH&S matters.
- Visible leadership; ability to gain trust at all levels of an organization (executive management, operation directors, line supervisors and shop floor employees).
- Excellent team development skills, demonstrated by a track record of leading, teaching and developing site EH&S representatives and LSOs.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to explain complex issues and requirements to all employees.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
Coherent Inc., is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate with regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, military status or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement new strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological, Engineering, Health Science or similar disciplines, and at least 10 years of applied professional experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably with multi-plant and international settings.
- Supervisor responsibility - Supervises the Corporate EH&S Manager, with indirect leadership of 26 EH&S Representatives and Laser Safety Officers worldwide (United States, Europe and Asia).
- Experience in overseeing multi-site groundwater remediation projects under California Superfund rules and regulations.
- Highly desired knowledge and skills: 2 to 3 years experience in working with company/customer design / manufacturing engineers and US/International regulatory agencies, on global product compliance requirements for EU REACH, worldwide RoHS, WEEE, energy efficient/ packaging requirements and other worldwide prohibited material restrictions.
iCIMS Social Distribution
- 2 years ago - save job