Job Listing Detail
Health Education Specialist
Listing Number: 9392-13E
- Applications must be received by Midnight Mountain Time on the closing date.
For more information contact:
Public Health and Human Services
Human Resources P.O. Box 4210
Helena , MT
Local Montana Job Service Workforce
Public Health and Human Services
Public Health and Safety
Family and Community Health
State Application Required:
$35,360.00 - $44,200.00
Additional Salary Information: Depending on qualifications and internal equity.
Training Assignment: This agency may use a training assignment. Employees in training assignments may be paid below the base pay established by the agency pay rules.
Conditions of the training assignment will be stated in writing at the time of hire.
Are you interested in making a difference? Do you like assisting others? This position is a Health Education Specialist at the Department of Public Health and Human Services . We are looking for employees who can help us to provide services to promote healthy people, healthy communities.
For this position we offer yearly benefits , which include:
The position is required to complete introductory training in public health practices and demonstrate successful completion of HIPAA and ICS training within six months of hire.
- An employer contribution of $8,796/year toward health, life, dental and optional vision insurance premiums;
- Choice between two retirement plans;
- Optional participation in a 457(b) deferred compensation plan;
- 15 days paid vacation, 12 days sick leave, and 10 paid holidays.
Successful applicant(s) will be subject to:
Criminal History Background Check
This position will coordinate and administer programs within the Women's and Men's Health Section Title X family planning. This position is responsible for administering grant-funded local health programs throughout the state, including responsibility for individualized program planning, management, and evaluation. This position is also responsible for coordinating outreach, training, and related functions in support of ongoing program operations and activities. This position conducts site visits and monitors contractors to assure compliance with grant requirements, manages data collection, conducts evaluations and grant writing.
For a complete job description, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Competencies:Required for the first day of work:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public health education and disease prevention.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of program planning and grant, contract, and budget administration.
- Knowledge of youth, adult, and community education principles to facilitate outreach, training, and program support.
- Knowledge of business, technical and media communications.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Departmental regulations and requirements pertaining to public health programs.
- Knowledge of governmental procurement procedures and requirements.
- Ability to develop and deliver public presentations and outreach materials.
- Ability to conduct community needs assessments.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and apply regulatory and contract requirements
- Ability to operate a personal computer and general office equipment as necessary to complete the essential functions including using email, internet, data bases and other computer programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, education, behavioral/social sciences, clinical sciences or communications related field.
- Two years of job related work experience Relevant job-related experience includes: public health program management, contract monitoring, program evaluation and community health education.
- Other combinations of related education and work experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Supplemental Questions: None Required
- Master’s degree in Public Health.
Additional Materials Required: None Required